NYU Waitlist Class of 2026

Hey Guys! This thread is for people in the class of 2026 who have been waitlisted. Please no ASTROLOGY as we have seen in the past those are not the most reliable. Post when you have an update from the school and don’t forget to indicate your school and major (ex. Tanton). Don’t forget to treat people with kindness, we are all very stressed :slight_smile: Best of luck everyone!

14 Likes

hoping they have some spaces available this year :weary:

6 Likes

i wonder what the acceptance rate is off the waitlist

2 Likes

does anyone know when’s the earliest people have gotten off the waitlist in past years?

1 Like

im very curious to know

I’m here! Thanks for starting this thread so that we can share info and help each other!

3 Likes

i’ve seen some videos on tik tok where this one girl got off the waitlist in early may (may 11th), may be different this year

2 Likes

how long do you think the update prompt box should be? i dont want to write too little or too much

1 Like

On Reddit, I searched on “got off the waitlist” in the general search. And then I looked at the date. Not for NYU but for other schools, I have seen a few where the date of the post was in late April of that year. I should search on NYU waitlist.

1 Like

is it bad to send a waitlist letter of continued interest??

you should definitely! in the waitlist form, you have to fill out, they give you a box where you can update them on awards, etc, and your interest in the school!

does the waitlist form count as a letter of continued interest since it asks for updates and stuff? or do people submit the form and a separate LOCI?

i believe it does count as a LOCI considering what you write in the LOCI is stated what to put on the waitlist form for NYU.

2 Likes

If you read the FAQS page on waitlists, they ask that no other materials except the form be used or submitted. And thanks for the thread!

2 Likes

Hi everyone. CO2025 waitlist over here (reapplying as a transfer for this fall). I’ll save you all the time and say that last year, people started getting off the waitlist late April/early May. By mid-late May, all spaces were full, and no one else got off the waitlist.

Signs you got off the waitlist:

• Being able to access the admitted students portal in Albert and the financial breakdown.
    ^ RELIABLE.

The Zoom status thing was unreliable, and so were many of the other “indicators” like housing status.

I wish all the best for you guys, and you have to know that it really does get better. You’re all going to end up in the best places, whether NYU or somewhere else.

And if you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Most people who got off the waitlist were liberal arts/Steinhardt and a lot of them were offered spring admission, not fall admission (ie had to take a gap semester).

8 Likes

What is the deadline for submitting the waitlist form (sorry, I am away from my computer to check)

may 1st 5 pm!

1 Like

If you know, does it matter when you submit the waitlist form? Do you they consider those who submit right away more than the ones that take some time? Also, any idea where to find the info for 2025 on how many accepted a spot on the waitlist and how many were accepted? Thanks for the helpful info!

1 Like

I want to know this too

Hi, I was never able to find any info on how many students accepted a spot on the waitlist/how many were accepted. They usually publish the accepted info after the May 1st commitment deadline.

As for the waitlist form, no, it doesn’t matter when you submit it, so long as you do it before the deadline. I emailed an admissions rep about this last year (and so did so many others who got waitlisted).

They don’t even start reviewing the waitlist forms until AFTER May 1st when they have an idea of how many students are enrolling/if they have room to admit waitlists. So feel free to take your time.

3 Likes