NYU Waitlist Class of 2026

I think NYU is need-aware for waitlist.

mine changed sometime last night i believe

meaning you probably have a lower chance if you applied for aid?

that’s what i’ve heard. still hoping for the best since some people who have received full coverage for their cost of attendance have gotten off of the waitlist.

1 Like

does anyone have a guess as to when nyu will release a statement on releasing waves, will they even do that?

The only time I can find that NYU publicly talked about releasing waves is 2020 (https://twitter.com/meetnyu/status/1258131745737768962?lang=en). They did not talk about that last year and not this year so far.

Last year they did send out an email in Mid may basically saying they were looking but there wouldnt be much movement if I remember correctly. I was waitlisted last year, took a gap year, then waitlisted again.

That’s hard. Do you like the school you committed to?

I committed to Temple University. Im ok with it but not thrilled.

Yup

Really? that’s great! There is hope.

Nyu Albert suddenly started working for me just a few hrs ago. Is this happening to anyone else

same i was able to go in and when i click on application status it says if ur offered admission you can click the button, if you already accepted / declined there won’t be a button. but idek what that means i keep checking the portal and there’s no update so idk if it’s an indicator. housing portal is only summer

1 Like

It’s likely that Albert isn’t an indicator anymore

I keep getting the message “If you encounter issues accessing Albert, please clear your browser cache.”
Has anyone been able to solve this issue?

that’s what happened to me before but today it just magically worked lol

1 Like

That could be a good sign! What major did you list on the waitlist form?

MCC at steinhardt! but idk they haven’t released anything yet and it’s late now i don’t think it’ll come out today

Okay, thanks! I wish you luck:)

1 Like

I don’t think being able to log into Albert alone is an indicator coz I was able to do so even before decisions were released. People who were accepted were able to see their financial aid package few minutes/hours before decision in Albert though.

2 Likes