NYU Waitlist Class of 2026

are you able to see the “admitted students portal in Albert” when you click on the application status tab in Albert ?

…were we supposed to write alot in the waitlist form? I literally wrote a total of two sentences :fearful:

1 Like
  1. definitely not. they seem pretty adamant on us not doing that soooo
  2. I wrote two sentences. I was in a rush to get the forum in and thought it wouldn’t matter than much. If I had taken more time I would have done a paragraph lol
  3. I only put my most important updates, specifically my new medical certifications

good luck to you too! which school did you get waitlisted for?

wait did we have to send out the form immediately? i have yet to submit it

tisch for acting! best of luck to you:)

thanks so much for all your responses! really appreciate it:)

No, the deadline is May 1st, my daughter has not either, no worries!

1 Like

no but my thought was the earlier you sent it the better. no idea if that holds true lol

1 Like

yeah some said around late april and like 10 days after decision day (May 1)

u guys know that u can edit ur waitlist form whenever u want

1 Like

i don’t see an edit button, but you can submit a new one! I just saw lol. idk if i should tbh bc i dont think there’s anything else i could add to make my application any better than it was.

they won’t even look at it, just submit the form they sent and that’s the best you can do.

I actually edited up submitting a new waitlist form to make my response better. Warning: the other form does not disappear, lol. Idk why I thought it would. Basically says I submitted two waitlist forms, hope they read the one with the stronger response :grinning:

2 Likes

Hey guys, I applied to NYU’s regular decision and was waitlisted for the college of arts and science. My question is, how much are we supposed to write in the submission form for the waitlist?

i think it’s up to you, but from what I understand, if it’s like a letter of continued interest, it can be up to a page long approximately. i don’t think there’s a limit but you also probably don’t want to make it too long since you have already submitted other essays

i originally made mine two sentences (I advise against that lol) but sent a new form where my response is about a paragraph long. I’m not sure you should write a full letter because it seems like they aren’t looking for that? up to you really.

They said each year it is different; some years no- one and some years several hundred. In part, it is determined by who rejects a spot, what school they requested, and where the person on th.e wait list wants to go and their rank on the list.

1 Like

They start after May1, as you said. They first see which candidates from which schools they want to fill before they notify anyone. And,of course, if someone from the waitlist says no,then they go back to the list. Hence the length through to August for offers.

I read the earliest was about May10 th

1 Like

Hi guys! I have a question about submitting a waitlist form. I just submitted waitlist forms whenever I got new achievements. I didn’t add them all in one waitlist form. Did I do it wrong?