NYU Waitlist Class of 2026

I wish you good luck! Waiting for your good news!

1 Like

Dude, excuse me, did you apply for fin aid?

do we think the next wave will be wednesday?

hoping so! that’s what makes most sense based on the current trend.

1 Like

No, I did not

Yeah, I also think there will be a wave wednesday

1 Like

the biggest trend i’ve seen is that most people who were accepted did not apply for aid … which is kind of worrisome but still hoping for the best!

exactly

Thank you!

Yeah it seems like everyone who got accepted didn’t apply for aid

deleted.

what?

Guys, as a reference for those who are still waiting for results and future applicants, I organized our data a bit and it appears that:

1. Total 18 from this forum got off the wait list so far;

2. The first wave comes the first Tuesday (May 3) after the May 1 deadline, the second wave comes the first Friday (May 6) after the May 1 deadline;

3. Given the 96 hours response time, it is possible that the next waves will be next Tuesday, May 10 and next Friday, May 13.

4. So far all people who got off waitlist are offered a place in Spring 2023 cohort;

5. Majority (?) of people who got off the wait list did not apply for financial aid;

6. Not all of those who got off the wait list had indicators (housing, albert et al.);

7. Majority of people who got off the wait list are offered a place in Liberal Studies Core (7), then Steinhardt (5);

Please note that it is based on a very small sample of this forum and thus does not have any statistical meaning.

So far, nobody from this forum has been offered a place for Fall 2022 yet but I do now from my own school that in past years, NYU did offer Fall spaces for some wait list people, including Stern, Gallatin etc., although I am not sure whether they are in any waves.

17 Likes

this is very helpful, thank you for taking the time to write this!

1 Like

thank you for the info!! hopefully they’ll be releasing fall soon!!

i just found out that one of my classmates got off the waitlist for CAS fall semester. i believe he’s studying history. so perhaps there is some movement for fall?

6 Likes

do you know when he got off of the waitlist?

3 Likes

I wanna ask a question. If i did not select lsp or any other college while submiting the wl form, will i have any opportunity to get the lsp offer?

he got off friday evening or saturday morning i believe

no i dont think so. they should only give you what you picked on the form.