NYU Waitlist Class of 2026

Do you think its possible to get in anymore? Will there be other waves for cas or stern?

2 Likes

Hi! Anyone here who got accepted to Global Liberal Studies? I hope they have spots left. :frowning:

1 Like

For everyone that got into the Spring LSP, what do you plan on doing during the fall semester? Any fears that you’ll feel bad when your friends are away at college while you wait for January?

from what i heard earlier in this thread, some schools that do fall admits don’t release in waves they just release at random. this may be wrong so take it with a grain of salt.

2 Likes

I will start Spring 2023 at SPS. My current plan is to find a job or continue my current job through Christmas. I do not think I will feel bad as many of my friends go to colleges just a couple of hours away. I can visit them if I can. I also think a few gap months will help me to recharge my energy to prepare my college life. I am really excited to start my college life at the heart of NYC!

2 Likes

There is something called “summer melt” - for various reasons people who have accepted places, withdraw before fall semester starts. As these spots open up it is possible that NYU will draw off the waitlist to replace them, which is why it might appear random to someone looking at it from the outside.

4 Likes

thank you so much for that info! i hadn’t heard of it before.

has anyone gotten in for fall? or just spring?

I submitted two waitlist forms, will it be an issue if I do another one with just changing the major? I want to select other similar majors in the same school as well just in case.

I don’t think that will be an issue if you can still submit waitlist form now.

1 Like

Can anyone who’s still on the waitlist access Albert? Cuz I’ve never been able to access it

nope, same here.

Im able to access it but I don’t have any important glitches like spring 2022. I just have summer 2022. Can more waitlisted freshmen share

I don’t have access to Albert either

someone earlier in this thread that was accepted was saying how they didn’t have any indicators that pointed towards them being accepted, that could be why your housing portal looks the same!

you’re able to access NYU albert?

Do you know when you were first able to access it? Bc some people in this thread stated that they were also able to access before waitlist decisions came out?

Is anybody on WL for Tisch?…. I am trying to remember if they had the option for Spring. I do t think so ….but just wanted to make sure

i’m not on the waitlist for tisch but i do know they don’t do spring admits. the only schools that offer spring programs are liberal studies, steinhardt and tandon

ok. thank you!

1 Like