NYU Waitlist Class of 2026

what time do they usually come out?

of course!

people start seeing indicators around 9:00am, official acceptance letters are released around noon-5:00(?). although some people who received acceptance letters did not have any indicators so i wouldn’t start stressing about it.

3 Likes

My daughter heard from Tisch waitlist on Friday.

Hi - if helpful, my daughter got off waitlist for Tisch on Friday, for fall 2022.

1 Like

what major did she get off for?

Wow! Congrats!!

Im also WL for film and tv

lets hope we both can be accepted off the waitlist!! I haven’t met anyone got admitted off the waitlist for this major yet

My daughter got it at 4pm last Friday.

Neither have I, hoping they just havent looked yet

Congrats! She got off for fall? And did she apply for aid?

did anyone get an update email from nyu?

2 Likes

Yea I just did

I just did

She didn’t apply for aid. She got into Tisch for drama/acting BFA.

1 Like

Was this sent to everyone?

i believe so, the same email was sent around the third week of may last year. i guess this year they really didn’t expect as many people to commit.

1 Like

Just got an email saying:
Thank you for your patience with our waitlist process. I am writing to provide you with an update.

This year, an unprecedented number of admitted students chose to enroll at NYU. We will only be able to admit an extremely small number of students from the waitlist. If we are able to offer you a space to join us, you will have 96 hours to respond to our offer.

We will continue to monitor if any spaces become available. I ask that you not send any additional statements, credentials, or letters of recommendation to our office. If you would like to be removed from our waitlist, you may do so through your NYU Applicant Portal by submitting the NYU Waitlist Response Form again. Otherwise, you can expect another update on the status of our waitlist no later than June 1st.

While I know this is not the email you may have been hoping to receive from us, I am confident that you will find success wherever you choose to enroll.

yeah I just did