NYU Waitlist Class of 2026

ok so everyone got it

i’m guessing they’re done with waves and will be admitting on a rolling basis?

1 Like

Does that mean it is over?

No I think they’re just updating us

i wish we knew a ballpark of what the “extremely small number number” is … they’re very vague with their waitlist.

4 Likes

So r we still in the running or I’m so confused

do we know for sure that they are done with waves? Like how do we know?

not 100% sure but we should wait until tomorrow to see if a lot of people have indicators/get accepted. it’s kind of weird how they sent that update email so early …

1 Like

technically yes but it’s much more selective than other years.

what are the indicators we should be looking for?

I think being able to access albert and a housing portal change

I think we are still running because they told us they will continue to enroll until June 1st.

4 Likes

I think I am done. It seems impossible for me to get off the waitlist because my major is CS. I actually got into one of the top feeders school to SV. I know this is a cheaper and better option, but I just have dreamed for years to have a college experience in NYC…

A friend of my son got off the NYU waitlist today. Don’t know his exact major, but he is on a pre-med track. He declined since he has already committed to a more affordable option.

I think it means that they are starting to release fall waitlist decisions because they said we would receive an email in the beginning of May with planned waitlist activity.

Congratulations!!!

I would think that the email means that they released whatever WL decisions they expect to release, and do not expect any large wave of WL offers at this point. I think it will be scattered and few and far between based on that email.

8 Likes

oh really, that could be it

Thank you.

Does anyone know of any Stern applicants that have gotten off the waitlist?

1 Like