NYU Waitlist Class of 2026

I’m not sure if it actually matters if you submit multiple, so I think you’re good.

1 Like
[type or paste code here](https://www.reddit.com/r/ApplyingToCollege/comments/tsjbtf/for_those_with_nyu_waitlist_questions/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf)

This is a good overview of what to expect

1 Like

https://www.reddit.com/r/ApplyingToCollege/comments/tsjbtf/for_those_with_nyu_waitlist_questions/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

1 Like

Just for perspective: class of 2025, 6600 were accepted, and a drop in acceptance offers to 12.8% of previous year.
Class of 2026 acceptance offers dropped to 5600, and dropped to 12.2% .
This is from the NYU Village student paper and US News and World Reports.
There is talk that the waitlist is much bigger this year.

Would this mean less people get off the waitlist?

My understanding is that the 6600 number for the class of 2025 is the final enrollment number, not the acceptance offer number. NYU issued offers to 12.8% of total applicants in 2025 (just over 100,000 according to NYU website), that is 12800. This year, the admission rate is 12.2%, which means NYU issued offers to total 12810 applicants (12.2% of total 105,000 applicants, NYU website). I am not sure the size of waitlist this year compared with last year but it appears that the number of offers issued this year is very comparable to last year.

So is this a good thing? I am hoping to get off the waitlist. I hope to major in Econ at the College of arts and science. Do you guys know what program has a higher chance of getting off the waitlist?

Got it thanks!

did you guys see this year rorys acceptance rate was 3% thats literally insane

That’s not what the article stated but you seem to have more information.
I was simply quoting the stats directly from the article.
It was explaining in detail that they wish to avoid over enrolment this year. Hence they chose to make the wait list bigger and issue less acceptances, last year and then more so this year.
I prefer your stats, :blush:.

Can you give me the link you are talking about?

makes me have literally no hope of getting off the waitlist lmao

1 Like

anyone waiting for Stern?

My daughter is.

Does anyone know how to use the “submit new form” function for the waitlist reply form on the NYU portal? If submit a second form, will my first form be replaced or just added my initial form together? also im not sure if its ok to submit another form after the response deadline Mar. 2.

Just like you did your first form. To my knowledge, you can submitted multiple forms until that function is disabled by the school.

My daughter is.

Got it. Thanks!!

There were 3 articles. This one says they want the class to be 5700, that three ‘ schools’ accepted 7%. That 105,000 applied in total. So I think your stats are correct.
www.nyu.edu/about/news-publications/news/2022/march/Admits_Class_of_2026.

Just saw this on Twitter. I’m sure all of you checked it already, but thought to share anyway. Good luck Everyone!
[
NYU Admissions( Twitter)

[
MeetNYU

Update: waitlist activity has begun and first wave of decisions have gone out this afternoon. More decisions will be sent out at various times over the coming weeks. Please keep an eye on your email about your status.

[5:29 AM · May 7, 2020]MeetNYU/status

1 Like