NYU Waitlist Class of 2026

yeah i think theyre starting to look at waitlist options for the fall and sent that email to let us know about expected movement. At least theyre admitting some people off, cause last year the email wasnt this optimistic.

2 Likes

if you remember, what did the email say last year?

If i remember it was more like confirming there would be almost no movement but they kept it open if any changes were to happen, but they were confident nothing would really happen.

Like this one at least is saying they are admitting some people, and talking about what to do if you are admitted whereas it was pretty much over as soon as it started.

5 Likes

ohh okay i see thank u!

Bro do you know anyone who applied for film&tv got off the waitlist last year?

1 Like

so does everyone think next wave is tomorrow? Cause I’ve only heard one person for Tisch and that’s hard to believe that they only have one space

Could you explain what exactly albert is? I also am not sure how to access the housing portal.

I just received a email that notfify me that “only be able to admit an extremely small number of students from the waitlist” and an update would be informed june 1st. Any tandon student got in the waitlist?

if there is a wave, it’ll probably be tomorrow. honestly speaking i think nyu is done with waves and is now admitting on a rolling basis.

1 Like

Not that I know of, but last year they didn’t seem to take any people off for fall (at least I didn’t hear about it)

Guys, just for your reference, I just did a bit search and found out the last year email from NYU Waitlist 2025 topic. It should be noted that that email was sent out on May 19, 2021, almost ten days after the same time this year. Compared to other schools, I think admission office did a good job to keep everyone posted.

4 Likes

That gives me hope because this year did not say nobody was getting off

I was admitted off of the waitlist this past Tuesday 5/3. However, I was a spring admit and would have to begin in January of 2023 which is something that I did not want to do. So sadly I turned the offer down. Fingers crossed for the rest of you.

yeah the difference is that last year they said they didn’t anticipate it, now there could still be more room

Is it just me or did anyone else not receive this email?

yes, my daughter was ED1. She got off the waitlist on Friday and was accepted for January start in LSP. Her top choice was Gallatin but she included LSP as a second choice.

which school did you apply to? Maybe this is only going to the schools that don’t offer spring admission.

Did they send any acceptances after they sent update emails in previous years? I’m really confused on what this even means…

I applied to Liberal Studies, with Global Liberal Studies as my top choice program.

Thank you for this. I have Liberal Studies as my top choice school, but I haven’t received anything yet. I hope there are spots left.

1 Like