NYU Waitlist Class of 2026

Did you receive the email today? If not, all waitlist applicant received an update email yesterday.

He got the email update yesterday and felt that he was likely NOT going to get in. So when he got the email this morning telling him there was an update to his portal he was not expecting to be offered admission. So he’s quite excited!

1 Like

Same with me! I got the waitlist update email yesterday as well so I thought I wouldn’t get off the waitlist.

Congrats!

1 Like

Yes, I received it today.

congrats

Oh, my bad. I received it yesterday.

OMG huge congratulations!!!

Has anyone been accepted for CAS?

1 Like

there was hearsay of someone’s friend getting accepted earlier in this forum, i applied for cas as well but i have not heard much of it.

2 Likes

It appears that there is a wave today and all who got off the wait list are admitted for fall 2022.

is there another forum where you heard of people getting accepted today?

No, just heard something here and there.

1 Like

Need aware does not mean if you need fin aid you don’t get in. It simply means the admissions office is informed about your financial need status. They will be making a financially informed decision.
Don’t psych yourself out before NYU gets to make a decision about your WL status. You know what need aware means. Try not to spiral out on portal astrology, know you filed the best application, what is in is in, and NYU will make every effort to fill their Class of 2026, every spot. Believe you would be great at NYU, contribute and love it, but know not every great candidate gets in.
Every college advisor tells we students to make a plan B if you are on a waitlist. Start to get to know where you deposited better and try to see yourself loving it there. Then if NYU works out, it works out; but if not, you have made the first moves to loving where you got in. You deserve a great year next year. You deserve four great years!

11 Likes

yes

So, is there any wave today at all ?

Depending on how you define “wave”, just based on information from this forum, 5 got off the wait list on May 3, 13 (or 14?) got off on May 6 and 3 got off yesterday (May 10).

1 Like

okay

Do you guys think that the indicators are still a thing?

Hi! I heard that there are some people who got in without seeing indicators. I’m not seeing any indicators yet, but fingers crossed we get in!

4 Likes