NYU Waitlist Class of 2026

Thanks for the info! How did you find “your” admissions counselor? Did you send an email to admissions@nyu.edu? Also, what I wanna send is similar to an appeal letter. Do you think this is acceptable?

If you lgoogle NYU admissions counselor, a page should come up listing all the ACs and what region they work on. Find the person from your region, then google their name and email. This might not work for everyone. but I was able to find mine that way. And I would avoid trying to make it too appeal like and more you just restating why you think you and the school are a good match for each other. You dont want to insult their judgement ya know?

Got it. Thanks a lot for your help!

when should waitlist applicants expect for the first wave of admits to be released?

I think first Wednesday of may and they are released in waves every week

2 Likes

Honestly, I don’t think it will make much of a difference in the long run because NYU doesn’t keep track of registered interest. It really is just based on ur current profile and what u write in the waitlist form.

2 Likes

I sent an email regarding this to an admission officer. He said we can submit a LOCI in the waitlist form not through email.

but I am also not sure they will actually review this or not.

I just sent a desperate email to my AC. I’m sure it speaks more personally in an email and might stick with your AC really well, but they probably look at the form more than an email when reviewing your whole application. We shall see next week it seems :’)

i called yesterday to ask who my admissions counselor was/the email and they told me to not contact them because if you submit your waitlist form you don’t need to demonstrate further interest. that’s probably the reason they don’t include emails on the website like at other universities

yeah probably im shre it doesnt make a huge difference. i made sure i was happy with my waitlist response abd that it expressed my interest in a similar way to my email. My email was just a tad less formal and a lot longer cause im lowkey drsperate at this point ngl so I’ll pull out any tactic possible.

1 Like

how did you find their email? since it doesn’t say it in the list

search up “NYU Admissions counselors”

refer to a post I had made above

Hey guys, I was the person that commented the most on last year’s waitlist thread. I’m not personally involved with gaining admission to NYU anymore but I wanted to let people know that I think NYU’s waitlist is need-aware. Although they don’t explicitly say it, all the people that got off the waitlist or were given a spring admission offer said they didn’t apply for FA or never mentioned anything about receiving aid.

5 Likes

Is this also true for NYU’s satellite campuses i.e AD and Shanghai?

1 Like

Here are the indicators for all the new people looking through this thread. Keep in mind all of these indicators came out the day of the spring admit wave, 5/7. All times are reported in EDT.

1. Housing portal changed to only Summer 2021 and you can choose from NYC, Abu Dhabi, and Shanghai (8-9 AM)
  2. Some financial aid info was viewable where you could see grants and cost of attendance (10-11 AM)
  3. Withdraw application button disappeared from the admissions portal (12-1 PM)
  4. ‘2021 Regular Decision’ changed to ‘2022 Spring Application’ in the green bar when you click on the ‘display’ button on the waitlist confirmation form (1-2 PM)
  5. Able to access the NYU admitted student portal (3-4 PM)
  6. Some, but not all, admitted of the waitlist got an SAML Error message when logging into admission portal 10-20 minutes before letters released (4-4:30 PM)

I will post these indicators again tomorrow since that’s a supposed day a wave releases

***LAST YEAR

2 Likes

My withdraw button already does not exist

same

prob