NYU waitlisted 2027

What do we think we’ve seen the most of so far? CAS? I feel like I have seen no Steinhardt…. I wonder if that’s good or bad lol

cas,tandon, ls, only 2 stern so far

1 Like

Tandon is barely admitting bro :sob: :sob: :sob:

I wish waitlist was also need blind

1 Like

But maybe that’s good? Maybe they just haven’t YET? I’d be more worried if a bazillion people were admitted but not you… Right? Maybe this is false logic….lol Either way, I’m pulling for you!!!

2 Likes

Thank you that is so sweet :sob: :sob: :sob: I was so hopeless I even wanted to withdraw my waitlist

My guidance counselor told me that admissions officers don’t want school counselors to make advocacy phone calls on behalf of waitlisted students and instead they would much rather hear from the students themselves. She told me to call and ask what I can do to get off the waitlist but I don’t know if this is a good idea because websites like Ivy coach advised not to do that and said that school counselors should be making these calls. Anyone have any advice on what to do? And would it be okay if I asked a teacher to make an advocacy call instead of my counselor?

Sometimes it’s just best to do what YOU think. I would suggest calling to express interest and then asking for feedback on what you can do to get off the waitlist! It’s not like they will say “Nothing leave us alone” lol

3 Likes

nobody do anything. the colleges know their process. stop speculating and just observe. there are no signs and no tells. just wait and you’ll know. this whole discussion forum is very dysfunctional and needs to stop. its just leading to more and more confusion and anxiety.

3 Likes

Definitely don’t get a teacher to do it. I think that calling yourself is not a bad thing if done correctly, but even still won’t help. feeling like I agree more with ivy coach in this scenario. The website instructions to waitlisted students specifically says no advocacy calls and that they also have everything they need from you and your interest should only be relayed through your form response(s). I would just fill out the form again if you have anything else to say

I truly feel we just have to wait besties

4 Likes

we’ve been waiting and observing for weeks… people can take action or look for hints if they please

1 Like

freshman_usa has a point but at the end of the day it’s not that easy to follow the sane logic :sob:

2 Likes

what people are doing here isnt looking for hints. its creating more and more confusion. there are people who got in whose checklist did not disappear and they didnt see anything on their housing site either. this whole chat is extremely unproductive. you cant be asking for advice from people who are in the same boat as you. all you can do is support and wait.

it’s true, but you can’t expect people who badly want to get off the waitlist not to look for hints tbh

1 Like

just dont look around guys. you are seeting yourself up for failure. you are speculating and putting so much pressure on this one college, that if you get rejected- you will feel horrible. you will feel like the school you are attending is not enough. but that is not how a new beginning should be. just be happy and explore the college you enrolled at and keep this on the backburner. keep your expectations and hopes low. that way, if you get rejected- the disappointment is less and id you get accepted- the joy is double.

2 Likes

fair enough. but try. and support each other. and encourage each other to not speculate. keep calm and be thoughtful. what if someone’s checklist disappears and they think they are getting in because of this thread and they end up getting rejected. the disappointment they will feel will be so bad. be empathetic and sensible.

2 Likes

bruhhh we ain’t admission officers like it’s just the common them we were looking for ourselves not even for others like😭

2 Likes

I see what you are saying, but personally I like the camaraderie. Cheering people on, rooting for them, following their stories. You are correct that if it’s too stressful for an individual that they should stop following, but for many of us it’s helpful and comforting. And people reading a year from now have some idea what to expect, and they can choose to follow or not based on their anxiety/comfort level. Definitely to each their own! I’m thankful for it. Good luck to you!

2 Likes

everyone I’ve seen has been supportive! good luck to everyone regardless if your checklist disappears or not!!