NYU waitlisted 2027

imo no, but who am i to say- I’m no admissions officer

1 Like

true bruh i’m just nervous asf😭

2 Likes

Possibly but in previous years the first wave has come around May 3rd so most likely some will get off the waitlist tomorrow.

isn’t the high yield this supposed to be a lie like it’s too expensive and prolyl many people dropped nyu right?

1 Like

I wouldn’t call it a lie as tons of people will flock to nyu this year (as long as they can afford it) because it’s very prestigious and the newly advertised sub-10 % acceptance rate will only increase people’s perceptions of it. Still, I believe “admit a small number of people” is just general waitlist talk. When was the last time any AO said “we’re taking vast quantities of students from the waitlist since few have chosen to enroll” !

3 Likes

Fair enough

When do stern people get off the waitlist??

this us wgat i wann knoe to

1 Like

i can lik find anyone on nyu home and stuff - is this good ?

1 Like

this feature has existed for a while for most if not all applicants

1 Like

technically any time from now, but based on previous years a very small number were taken off starting 2nd week of may

when did stern ppl here typically

also ive said that i only want stern - does it make it harder to admit me ?

Few people mentioned getting off from Stern on the CC thread last year. You can check here but not the most reliable source NYU Waitlist Class of 2026 - #255 by K.B7

In more ways than none - yes. As you have given yourself fewer options. But it is similar to the question of whether or not applying to multiple colleges gives increases your likelihood of acceptance, which confuses possibility with probability. If you initially applied to Stern your applicant profile is most likely geared towards Stern’s curriculum, so just adding on extra programs/schools within NYU doesn’t necessarily make you as reputable a candidate for admission into each

1 Like

i think the email is pretty positive news, they’ve said that they definitely will be admitting people off the WL, albeit a small amount.

2 Likes

my friend who was accepted into ED1 just told me that someone from a gc he’s in just got off the waitlist earlier today. Idk if it’s true but that’s what i heard lol

2 Likes

sorry he got accepted @ NYU and someone just got off and admitted from the NYU waitlist

did he get in for spring/fall. What school did they apply to.

Maybe it’s good mojo that the email came in the middle of the AP Psych test? LOL! Definitely looking forward to everyone’s updates!

1 Like