NYU waitlisted 2027

Same

are you full pay?

Any news on NYU AD?

guys have anyone hear abt nyuadā€™s waitlist??

In last years thread they were talking about that being an indicator not sure if it the same for this year.

1 Like

this was an indicator last year for LS core spring admissions

Very surprised that they havenā€™t give any spring admits yet
Some saying that this year they might only give a small portionā€¦

this is rlly late but to make myself feel better cause ik my chances are bleek lol but does waitlist mean weā€™re all qualified it was a matter of space or something else

typically yes, but for some of us it is a soft rejection. No way of knowing whoā€™s who

1 Like

soft rejection as in after the waitlist results or being waitlisted means a soft rejection?

Being waitlisted can mean a soft rejection. e.g. someone who admissions really likes but they require too much FA. Or an underqualified legacy student who is placed on the wl so it doesnā€™t seem so bad to their alumni parent.

2 Likes

Seeing the reply thread between myself and @hopelessapplicant
:joy:

4 Likes

Lmao :sob:

Got a button in Albert that says accept/decline!! When can I expect the letter? Donā€™t want to do anything until I know for sureā€¦

2 Likes

Ahhh yayyy probs today!! Is it in the applicant status

NYU is need blind during the regular admissions cycle, so this is not a reason an applicant would be placed on the waitlist.

They are need aware in determining who gets off the waitlist, of course, but applicants are not waitlisted initially due to financial need.

International Students are, so yes that could be a reason for a student to be placed on the waitlist

True! What I stated is only accurate for domestic applicants.

1 Like

Yes it takes me to admitted students portal where I can deposit! But where is the letterā€¦

Coming at 4pm EST i believe. Are you full pay or did you apply for any FA?

1 Like