NYU waitlisted 2027

my checklist is still there

Same, my daughterā€™s checklist is still there.

does her waitlist form say ā€œSpring 2024 First Yearā€ too?

Same I had to decline because they didnā€™t give me enough money :sob:. This was my top school o feel so disappointed

1 Like

Any more info on Stern? At this point Iā€™ve genuinely given up.

Thanks, love your optimism.
But it is what it is

1 Like

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m saying. I worked too hard just to end up at a school I have never heard of and donā€™t really care about. NYU may not owe us anything however we all equally deserve a spot there. This whole thing just sucks and people keep telling me to just be happy with the school Iā€™m going to which feels like a slap in the face. I regret working hard in high school when I could have just worked half as much as I did and still end up in the same position I am in now.

3 Likes

Maybe because we didnā€™t submit the SAT cuz I didnā€™t.

1 Like

ik iā€™m crazy but umm what if- just what if-

What if I take a gap year and grind out on my ECs and passion projects then increase my SAT (cuz I didnā€™t even study last time) and then take an AP exam (I took none this time around cuz Iā€™m intl and AP exams are expensive asf here) and apply ED 1 for 2024, would it help ? I am desperate atp

1 Like

bestie, if u r really unhappy with the school you are committed to and you think that a gap year will help you, they I donā€™t see why canā€™t you do it. However, Iā€™ve done a gap year, Iā€™m an intl student too, I increased my SAT score, and here I am. I did not apply ED, in fact, I was not even planning on applying bc of FA, but I did it anyway cause this college has been my dream since Iā€™m 12, and itā€™s the only T25 that gave me hope (the only one I applied to besides the Ivies). I totally understand that youā€™re desperate, cause I am too, but you need to think about it really carefully. It may not seem much, but one year is a LOT, and you should really have a stable and well-thought-out plan. Hopefully, many things will happen this last week of waiting, so letā€™s just wait for this to end and then decide what to do next :hugs:

2 Likes

Exactly itā€™s like a slap in my face literally I get so annoyed when people tell me that :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

This is absolutely true if you donā€™t have a solid plan like step by step what you will be doing 100%, donā€™t do it just transfer next year because you have a higher chance of getting in due to you being waitlisted now. NYU considers your past application

Thanks for the reply honestly I appreciate it a lot

So what happened? Did things work out fine for you? Because just like you NYU used to be my dream school when I was a kid, as I grew up it kinda mutated into Columbia being my dream school. After getting brutally rejected left and right from everywhere, getting waitlisted at NYU just felt so right, it felt like yea this is it, Iā€™m gonna make my 6th grade self happy, he wonā€™t belive his mind when I tell him where heā€™s going for college far far away from this miserable place. I put my all into that waitlist form, then just seeing NYU pick full pay kids off the waitlist just broke me (No hate to yā€™all tho, yā€™all cool as hell).

I kinda have a rough idea of what I wanna do with the extra year I get but nothing concrete. I have this one school in my country which honestly Iā€™d be happy to attend not as much as NYU but I wouldnā€™t mind. The test is in a couple days. After getting back those final results Iā€™ll make a decision. If i get in, amazing! I can start saving up for NYU grad school but if I donā€™t Iā€™ll solidify my rough plan into a concrete schedule and apply to NYU ED 1. With the experience I have now with this cycle I think I can do better than what I did this time around (which was literally deciding to apply abroad in the middle of senior year, this time Iā€™ll be prepared better)

ik yā€™all didnā€™t need all this, I just needed to get it out of the system, sorry for the long post :))

canā€™t do transfers because yk NYU doesnā€™t give aid to transfer kids

dw! Actually, I can say Iā€™m pretty ok with the school Iā€™m committed to (I would be happier if NYU hadnā€™t given me hope in the first place cause it just hurts sm). If NYU rejects me Iā€™ll be going to Ohio State which is a T50 and from what Iā€™ve seen itā€™s pretty cool there, Iā€™m kinda afraid of some things tho thereā€™s not much diversity and being surrounded by all American kids sometimes scares me, but it was something I had to expect (after all itā€™s a public institution). Never in my wildest dreams I thought I would be doing a gap year (or be waitlisted by NYU), but my parents got sick, so I had to do it. I planned it thoroughly, studied hard for the SATs, learned new languages and did several ECā€™s, but it was still kinda hard sometimes (itā€™s not common to take a gap year in my country, so people judged me a lot). I was also heartbroken when I found out that all full pay kids were getting in cause I had no opportunity against them (in terms of money), but I canā€™t say Iā€™ve lost all hope. I really wish you the best and I also think the same as you, if I get rejected Iā€™ll be applying for grad school (law school in my case), but it definitely wonā€™t be the last time NYU has heard from me. (sorry to everyone in the threat ik you guys donā€™t really need this hehe this got a little too deep hehe)

ik itā€™s rough rn guys, but understand that this was a path maybe? itā€™s also been my dream since 7th grade, but sometimes thereā€™s a reasoning from the universe for things to not go exactly the way u wanted. iā€™m not saying u didnā€™t work hard for nyu, but so did a lot of people (and maybe even people who did way more than us), but the school just doesnā€™t deserve us. weā€™re just numbers to them, and meant to fill up quotas.

3 Likes

omg I had no idea about this :sob: :sob:

1 Like

just got off the waitlist for tandon, got spring admission

3 Likes

congrats!!! :purple_heart:

1 Like

did you have any changes before you got in?