Occidental 2020 Transfer Applicants

Hello! I haven’t seen any transfer threads for this year, so I thought I would start one. I think it would be nice to talk to some people who are in similar positions, especially with all of the uncertainty surrounding college with COVID-19 right now. It definitely adds a twist to transferring!

Due to the obvious, I wasn’t able to visit this spring/early summer like I had hoped, so if any other prospective transfer students have been able to visit, I would love to hear from you!

I’m not sure when we will find out about decisions, but in the mean time it would be nice to hear about why everyone else wants to transfer here and how this whole process is going for you. Good luck to everyone and I hope we all end up somewhere we enjoy!

Hi,
I was accepted today with a merit scholarship. I live in the area and it is an incredibly nice school and the environment is very warm and inviting!

Hi,

Congratulations!!! That’s amazing and you should be super proud of yourself, especially for getting a merit scholarship!!

Do you think you’re going to enroll?

I haven’t heard back yet, but fingers crossed! Thank you for telling me more about the environment, that’s really nice to know.

@bleeepblooop I am still waiting to hear back from some other schools. However, Occidental is definitely one of my top choices as of right now! Good Luck!!!

Thank you and same to you!!