Occidental Class of 2027 Official Thread

i wish her good luck! hoping she’ll get accepted off of the waitlist :crossed_fingers:

My daughter also got accepted for cognitive science!

1 Like

Son got his acceptance today super proud because it’s my alma mater as well!!

2 Likes

60k merit scholarship

2 Likes

How many applicants did they say they got?

D23 (In State 4.0/4.6 GPA) accepted + Honors Scholar

1 Like

How many did they receive this year??

6500 for 530 spots.

5 Likes

Daughter admitted with a $50K overall music scholarship which is amazing. She loves the school, but it’s still going to be wayyyyy too expensive for us with 12.5K of music merit per year. Still will probably let her visit, but we will see. Congratulations to those admitted. What a special school.

5 Likes

Daughter accepted for theatre (can’t remember if this is one where they declare a major at the start). $50K ($12,500/year) honors scholarship, $6,800 need-based grant, $3,800 work-study.

Stats: 3.7 unweighted, 8 APs & several honors, pretty good theatre-focused ECs including Drama Club pres.

Like the previous poster, I’m not sure we’ll be able to afford it. But nice to get the acceptance.

1 Like

wow!!! where did that data come from?

My daughter was waitlisted and is devastated. Doesn’t seem like movement off waitlist is likely.

This was shared in my daughter waitlist letter.

I think Yield is around 20% at Oxy so assume approximately 2,500 accepted. But it depends also on how many were accepted in ED.

You can find the waitlist information from last year in the Common Data Set here. A few got in, but not too many. I know how hard waitlists can be. My son had 6 of them in 2021. It’s a frustrating limbo. Wishing all the best luck to you! :heart:

It was in the waitlist email.

1 Like

portal astrology worked for oxy!! my friend and i’s checklists were updated in early Feb (submitted everything in January) and we were admitted with merit scholarships.

2 Likes

What were her stats?

Daughter waitlisted. 3.9UW 4.21 W. Good ECs. Has some some other good options, but this has made her worried about UCLA (her first choice). Congrats to those who have been accepted.

Daughter accepted. 4.0UW, 4.51W. Track and Field athlete. $50,000 Honors Scholarship.

Oxy is her number 1 school, but the wife and I probably won’t be able to cover the difference after the $12,500 from the scholarship is deducted from the $77,000 total annual cost. $64,500 is a lot of money to spend per year!

Extremely excited about her admission to her dream school that she wants to compete in track at, though.

3 Likes