Odd Honors Dorm Room Questions

<p>i haven’t heard a single complaint about other kids eating or drinking my daughters stuff. i am sure it is a problem with many kids though. i would go with the community fridge and some rules before i would get a fridge for the room. if that doesn’t work, then a fridge for the room sounds fine.</p>

<p>I have a couple more honors dorm room questions after looking at the different floor plans.</p>

<p>It looks like the common living room area of the Ridgecrest South Honors dorms is much smaller than the living room area of Ridgecrest West Honors dorms. Is this true? </p>

<p>My D is most interested in Ridgecrest South North Tower. Can anyone give us any specifics about this honors dorm and if it is a good choice for her? She is majoring in english, latin, and minoring in spanish and thinks that dorm is near where those classes will be held. Is there a better bedroom to pick in this residence hall? And are there laundry facilities in the north tower? </p>

<p>*She likes the bathroom layout of this dorm the best. (I know, strange) In the other dorms you exit a bedroom and can see someone at the sink. She says that isn’t the case in this dorm? </p>

<p>From what we can see there are no storage cabinets in the bathroom (shower, toilet area).
Is that true? How does your students (especially daughters) store all their bathroom items? We’d love some useful tips.</p>

<p>IIRC, the living room in Ridgecrest West (RW) is bigger than RCSN. RW has a smaller kitchen area and a normal height dining room table with 4 chairs. RCSN bathroom does have bathroom storage under the vanity. The bathroom itself has wire shelving. </p>

<p>The bathrooms in RW have a floor-to-ceiling storage cabinet in the lockable bathroom. It has the toilet and shower in there as well. The vanity area is open and contains one sink with a large cabinet underneath. the vanity is approx. 5 feet across. Plenty of room for all the stuff you would want to leave out. </p>

<p>Both the RW and the RCSN are across the street from each other. So, they are essentially the same distance to your student’s classes. RW’s dorm is all honors students and RCSNorth tower is all honors, if that matters to you. Currently Ridgecrest South-South tower is non-honors. I don’t know if there are any changes in the future. </p>

<p>Hopefully someone else can answer your other questions. HTH</p>

<p>I don’t think you can tell sizes from the website floorplans because I don’t think they are the same scale. </p>

<p>The Living room in RSNT is open to the kitchen while in the other honors dorms the kitchen is like a sep room. </p>

<p>I don’t think any differences in LR size will make any real difference. </p>

<p>Yes, in RSNT, the sink area is more private because they’re at the end of each hallway. And, there is storage under the sink and storage in the shower area. Since each girl only shares a bathroom with one other girl, there should be room for “stuff”. </p>

<p>However, re: privacy in the sink area… kids don’t all get up at the same time, so often a person is getting ready while others have already left for classes or are still asleep.</p>

<p>I think one thing that high school kids have some trouble imagining is that in college, everyone has a different schedule. It’s not like high school where (nearly) everyone starts at 8 am and ends at 3 pm (or whatever). </p>

<p>It’s not like everyone will be eating breakfast at the same time or getting ready at the same time. Your D may have an 8 am class on MWF, while her suitemates may not have classes until 9 or 10. Some may have classes all day on T & Th, while your D may be done with classes at noon.</p>