Odds of Admission?

<p>Hi I'm a junior in highschool looking at colleges and I wonder what my odds of being accepted into the Madison Pre Med program would be with a 3.9 Gpa and a 28 on the ACT?</p>

<p>I'm gonna say that you're in.</p>

<p>Pre-med isn't a program at Wisconsin... You apply for another major and simply tell your counselor that you're choosing to do pre-med.</p>

<p>I'm starting pre-med in the fall and got in out-of-state with slightly lower stats than yours.</p>

<p>Ok thanks. It probably helps even more that I'm a resident of Wisconsin too.</p>

<p>You're in, but I don't think in the medical scholars program. You have the middle 50% ACT so you're fine there and the GPA is a little above the average, so yeah. Apply early. Even if you're deferred at first, you'd get in.</p>

<p>Just apply undecided or even if you say you want pre med, they'll still take you in. Most wisconsin kids get in pretty easily with a 3.0 gpa.</p>

<p>That is totally wrong. Your odds of getting in with a 3.0 are LOW.
With below a 28 ACT the odds are 10% and only 30% with over 30 ACT.</p>

<p><a href="http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/admission/Frosh%20Expect%202005-06.pdf%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/admission/Frosh%20Expect%202005-06.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>I don't know how accurate that is, barrons...</p>

<p>My % chances according to that is 20% and I got in out-of-state.</p>

<p>1 in 5 IS a chance. Also out of state is actually a little easier due to the need for your money. I have heard many instate alums complaining about their kids not getting in with a 3.5 and 27 ACT.</p>

<p>What about an out-of-stater with a 96.000 GPA, and a 30 on the ACT?</p>

<p>what is a 96? a 3.8? You're in</p>

<p>Wasn't sure...I mean there is a lot of talk, maily the UCs, about being an out-of-stater will totally ruin your chances! Thanks!</p>

<p>UC's take only a few OOS-5-10% tops. UW takes around 30% of the class from OOS.</p>

<p>My stats: </p>

<p>GPA: 3.8(weighted but on a 94=A scale)</p>

<p>Sat: verbal:740 writing:760 math: 640</p>

<p>I'm out-of-state and from the east coast(virginia to be exact). Do i have much of a chance? Also, how much do they really care about my extra-curricular, because that really could make my resume shine.</p>

<p>Good chance. Did you know Badger star fullback Matt Bernstein is nicknamed the Hebrew Hammer??</p>