Odds of getting in as transfer?

<p>I’m a sophomore at NYU. Current GPA is a 2.84 in Liberal arts, but I want to transfer into Alabama and start over and study science, probably along the lines of biochemical engineering. I figure I have enough total credits to maybe only need to stay at Alabama for an extra year to get a degree, but I can’t afford NYU anymore and I hate liberal arts.
If they look at high school stuff, I had a 4.0 in high school and had a 32 on the ACT. I had a ton of dual credits and a ton of AP sciences which I got 4’s in on the tests.
What are the odds I get into Alabama?
On top of that, my fraternity has a chapter at Alabama so would I be able to get into it?</p>

<p>I would think that you would get in no problem. </p>

<p>Had you entered as a freshman you would have been a Presidential Scholar (with a 4.0 and 32 ACT). Better to move on now and enjoy all Bama has to offer (great academics, beautiful campus, school spirit (one of the top 5 in merchandise sales in the country) , great sports, etc. than to stay where you are miserable. </p>

<p>Welcome and Roll Tide!! if you haven’t visited you should the new engineering complex is incredible :)</p>

<p>Thank you. Any chance I could still get some kind of scholarship? Even a small one?</p>

<p>The scholarship app deadline was Dec 1st. That said, your transfer GPA would have likely prevented you from getting scholarship money.</p>

<p>As for your frat…I think your frat would accept you. I think that’s the tradition, but maybe each one has different rules. </p>

<p>what fraternity are you in? Have you contacted anyone?</p>