Odds of Getting In

I am currently a high school junior in the top 4% of my class with a 1350 SAT and am looking to attend Texas A&M university. I live in Texas, so I will be automatically admitted, however I’m not sure if these “stats” will get me into the engineering program. Can anyone offer any insight as to whether I am fine with this or would it be worthwhile to take another SAT? Thank you for the help!

@gigemags123 great stats! I don’t know about Engineering (my daughter will be freshman at Mays in the fall), but it couldn’t hurt to take SAT again, and hopefully you’ve taken ACT?
I know Engineering looks at Math scores on both, as well as the math & science classes you’ve taken in high school.
Applying early is important, too!
Good luck! And @Thelma2 can provide more specific Engineering requirements.

It’s going to really depend on how you perform in your Freshman year under General Engineering designation.

Also, it would help if you state what Engineering discipline you have selected for your choices. As some are far more competitive than others. For example, they only selected a handful of CSE and CEEN majors last term that I know of. I would say CSCE, ECEN, CHEM, MEEN and PETE are the most sought after designations. Not sure what order though - I know the CSCE college is overflowing atm and will be very hard to get in.

Your stats look very good for admission to engineering at TAMU.