Odds of making the cut?

<p>I’m just wondering what my “chances” are, though I know that no one can be certain. I’m just looking for some overall opinions on my standing in relationship to UA admissions for fall 2012.</p>

<p>Ninth:
Adv Bio 1 -A
Chemistry- B
Honors English 1- A
P.E. credit- A
Marching Band- A
Concert Band- A
Geometry- B
Latin 1- A or B (I can’t remember and do not currently have my transcript)</p>

<p>Soph:
Latin 2- B
AP Environmental Science- B
Anatomy and Phys- B
World History- A
Drivers Ed- A
Honors English 2- B
Concert Band- A
Honors Algebra 2- C</p>

<p>Junior:
US History- A
Honors Biology 2- C
Medical Therapeutics- B
Personal Finance- B
Financial Planning- C
Physiology- B
Sociology- A
AP Biology- C
Pre Calculus- C
AP Literature and Comp- B</p>

<p>I’m currently in my senior year and I should be able to make it through this year without any “C"s but at worst, only 2. my classes are”</p>

<p>AP Language and Comp
Honors Chem 2
AP Chem
AP Physics B
AP Statistics
Forensic Science
Government
Economics
Senior Portfolio (this is where I intern at a facility. I am either going to be working in the Anthropology department at the University of Tennessee or the forensics department of the city sheriff’s department.)</p>

<p>I will graduate with 9 science credits and an Academy Endorsement in Pre-Professional Health Care. My current GPA is low at a 3.4, but I wish to maintain a steady 3.5.</p>

<p>Thanks in advance!!!</p>

<p>I also realize I didn’t mention any of my extra stuff:
NHS
Founder and President of Latin Club (2/3 years)
Science Bowl
Key Club
Active in church/community service
I have at least 50 hrs of community service as of now</p>

<p>No problem on GPA — </p>

<p>3.4 GPA is great (but you need 3.5 for automatic scholarships) – what is your ACT and/or SAT? You need a combined GPA with ACT/SAT for acceptance. The extra stuff wasn’t considered for my daughter. </p>

<p>It might be wise to go ahead and submit your current 9-11th grade transcript – then if you raise it during the year, resend a fresh transcript. That way you are guranteed a 3.4 GPA.</p>

<p>I’ve only taken the ACT once and I got a 26. However, that was over a year ago. I am planning on taking it on September 10th and am optimistic about being able to raise my score at least 2 points.</p>

<p>Go ahead and apply now. You don’t need to wait til you get the Sept ACT. You’ll be accepted with current stats. Then send your Sept ACT score (or list Bama as one of your free score recipients).</p>

<p>If your score goes up, you might get some scholarship money. </p>

<p>Is your weighted GPA a 3.4? or is that unweighted?</p>

<p>The 3.4 is weighted… is that bad?</p>

<p>It is too low for the assured scholarships, but you could still get a competitive scholarships.</p>