Off-campus Apartments

<p>Hey! I was wondering if anyone could help me out with the off campus apartment decision. The drive is a little too far for me to go check them out, and I think I should pick up a lease now so I know I'll have a place to stay.</p>

<p>I can spend up to about $600 a month (everything included), and would really like to live in a 2-person apartment if possible. I'm looking for a place with a lot of students because I intend on partying on the weekends and would rather walk if possible. However, I don't want anything too crazy or intensely loud on the weekdays, because I still plan on taking my studies seriously. </p>

<p>I was seriously considering Foxridge, however on their website it says they are about 4.5 miles from campus and that seems a little far to me. I'd much rather have a place that was closer. The Village seems like my number one option at this point. I was looking at Terrace View, but the reviews I read all seem to say that it's nothing but a trashy place to live where you can hear tons of noise all throughout the night. I tried to take these reviews with a grain of salt though, because it seems tons of them are written by competitors. </p>

<p>I suppose my main question is could anyone please tell me a nice place to live, or give a review on where you currently live?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>I live in Foxridge now. It’s more like 3 miles away. It can take anywhere between 5-10 minutes to drive to campus, depending on when you leave and the time of day. (It only takes me 10 minutes when I’m already running late and get every red light on the way…of course.) I’ve driven from friends’ places in UT, Terrace View, The Village, Shenandoah, University Place, etc…the difference doesn’t seem that significant. That could just be me though.</p>

<p>Foxridge has a good amount of parties, but it’s like 10 minutes away if your friends party in UT/Terrace View/anywhere in that area. That’s how it is with all my friends and it kinda sucks having to park over there. On the other hand though, I’ve been to alot of apartments here and the worst quality ones still seem better than alot of other apartments I’ve been too…just something to think about.</p>

<p>I’ve been to apartments in Terrace View and it’s really random if you’re gonna get stuck in a gross place, the average college apartment place, or a nice one. I know someone who just got super lucky in a nice one, but it really was just luck. Everyone else I know there seems to have an apartment that borders between gross and average…with average still being kinda dirty.</p>

<p>The Village is out of 2 person apartments, unfortunately. Sorry to tell you. I found this out at the Housing Fair here at the beginning of the month.</p>

<p>In other threads, Chuy has suggested waiting to get the really good deals off of Craigslist & people who aren’t affiliated with huge complexes, so that may be another option for you.</p>

<p>If you have any other specific questions, feel free to ask (like price wise and any other stuff). I’m doing my own research to find an apartment for next year so I’ve got a lot of info.</p>

<p>Ummm with your price range (600 per month all included) … you arn’t going to be able to afford foxridge or terrace view because you have to add in electricity… but with your price range I would recommend shawnee… but you a little late in the game I BARELY got an apartment that fit in that price range … and i’m still a little bit over (525 a month because my grandmother knew a guy… w/o utilities)</p>

<p>sas, I have to say I disagree. Most people I know who live in complexes, even the more expensive ones, are still under $600 a month.</p>

<p>Foxridge is more expensive than Terrace View & many other apartments, and $600 for a two bedroom is PLENTY in Foxridge.</p>

<p>My friends live in a 2 bedroom right now in Foxridge and this is what they pay:
Rent - $430
Electricity - $30-$40
Cable/Internet - $40</p>

<p>Terrace View is even cheaper because the rent is cheaper, but they use a different cable/internet company so I can’t speak to that.</p>

<p>If you get more roommates then it’s even cheaper. In Foxridge, 3 bedroom (or 2 bedrooms + den) is the cheapest option. In other places, 3 or 4 bedroom might be the cheapest option.</p>

<p>Eh well i forgot you specified a 2 bedroom … which obviously means your going to need a roomie.</p>

<p>Could anyone please tell me the difference between Village’s phase 1/phase 2? They have 2 person bedrooms available in P1, but only 4 person in P2.</p>

<p>The apartments themselves are more or less the same besides the fact it’s 2 or 4 bedrooms…but Phase II includes Water and Sewer in the rent and Phase I does not.</p>

<p>Last time I talked to the Village they only had 4 bedroom apartments left.</p>