Off-Campus housing options

Hi,

I am transferring to UM for Fall 2016. I want to live somewhere not too far from campus in my own place. I’m totally lost when it comes to finding a good place for a college student to live in South Miami.

Where do the majority students live, if they live off-campus? Also is there any apartment complexes/condos that you could recommend in particular?

Thanks so much!

I think it varies quite a bit on where students live off-campus - much depends on whether the student has a car and of course budget! Lots of sophomores, etc. live at Red Roads because of it’s close proximity to campus. Others live in the new complexes near Merrick (nice places but expensive). Lots of options between new apartment complexes with lots of amenities to single family homes close to campus.

UM Residential Office has a comprehensive listing of housing options in the area. There is also an off-campus database that landlords use to advertise vacancies. Some excellent resources to start and then start calling/emailing. Good luck and welcome to the U!

http://www.miami.edu/sa/index.php/residential_life/off_campus/

Hi, I work in real estate and I can help you find a place to live off campus. I graduated from UM from the business school in 2007 and I was born and raised in Miami, so I am very familiar with the area. You are going to love UM. It is a great school and you will meet a lot of life long friends there. If you need any help finding a place, you can email me at victoria@purefirm.com or you can call me on my cell phone (786)329-0011. :slight_smile: Victoria Velez