off campus housing

<p>Ok ..a few questions about off campus housing. S is looking at 4 bdr townhouses for next year with 3 other guys. He has mentioned Pheasant Run crossing (some not so nice previous threads on this place). Can anyone recommend the best townhouse development..ie close to campus/clean etc. He said they liked Crossing vs regular Pheasant Run..not sure what is the difference. They are looking for a good 4bdr place. I saw chuy recommendation to possible wait until spring to look, but not sure they are ambitious enough to put in all the work to look for private listings. Also is it best to secure a place prior to Winter break if going with a management company? Also saw that there are a few Collegiate Suites available but they are the flex type (2living areas instead of 1). </p>

<p>thanks</p>

<p>Hi Bandgy - Hope your son is enjoying VT. I don’t know much about off-campus housing as my daughter chose to stay on campus for her sophomore year. She’ll be moving off for junior year but I’d rather not say publically where. But she and her friends did a ton of research and were able to locate a place within their pre-established budget, located on several bus routes and reserved early to be somewhat assured of a quiet location within the complex. Frankly all of the reviews I’ve read for every complex were very mixed. They did their own research and I’m trusting them to have made a good decision. Not sure I would have been as hands off if they were still freshmen. A friend whose daughter is also a sophomore who lived off campus sophomore year and the mom commented that they may have been hasty in their decision.</p>