Off- Campus Housing

<p>I will be attending UWM for summer 2014. I would like to find the best area for off campus housing. Any suggestions on areas that are nearby the campus, has the convenience of stores, and other fun activities nearby? </p>

<p>Anywhere off of State Street would be the best place to find a rental. My son lives a half block off State Street and he loves it…close to restaurants, stores, Walgreens, etc…Two blocks to Capitol Square Market and also near some small convenience type food stores…</p>

<p>More options than anyone needs really. Close-in costs more and tends to be more active and noisy. Areas east of Capitol or south of Regent offer lower rents and a bit more peace plus easier parking. All areas have there own nearby shopping and activities nearby. </p>

<p>If you are only there for the summer, there are lots of sublets available and great deals to be found. Check the New UW Madison Sublet page on Facebook.</p>

<p>You can live anywhere near campus and walk places- added benefit of good exercise. There are no "best " areas- it is in the eye of the renter. Do not limit yourself to only a small area, you may find a better/cheaper sublet on the west end of campus (near Union South) than the State St. area. btw- it’s only UW in common usage- UWM refers to Milwaukee- something to know when talking to people. The campus is large enough you can spend a whole summer not getting bored. </p>