Off Campus Housing

<p>I will be transferring this spring to A&M and have been looking at the off campus housing. The 3 places I have been looking at are the Callaway Villas, U Centre, and the U Club townhomes. I would like to stay within the $550-$700 range and be within walking or biking distance from the campus. These 3 places all seem to fit my needs but I was looking for responses to see what everyone else thought about these places and if yall have any other suggestions? I would also love to find a sublease if possible. Thanks in advance!</p>

<p>We spent a weekend touring apartments a couple of weeks ago. We leased at the U Centre. We were very impressed with the staff, the property and the units themselves. Location is great. A food plan would be wasted on my daughter so we ruled out the off-campus dorm like facilities. For her first time away from home we wanted her close to campus and in a secure location. We liked the staff and that they seemed to run a tight ship. There didn’t seem to be any extra fees such as parking and package delivery. Good luck!</p>

<p>Thank you very much for your reply! I went and visited today and it was definitely very nice. I plan on moving in before the spring semester. The traffic is just so much worse on the south side of the university where the other two places were and plus the U Centre is the closest to the engineering buildings.</p>

<p>We talked to U Centre around November 13 and they said there were full and only taking names for the waiting list. </p>

<p>Try the study abroad office to see if they might have some people looking to sublet… not sure if they’ll help but a good place to ask. </p>

<p>Yes, they are already booked for the fall of 2015. I’m going to sublease a spot starting in Jan. from a guy that is moving out. Everyone there were very friendly and helpful which was nice.</p>

<p>They had one room available when we leased on the first and the office was jumping with students coming in to renew and even more coming in to ask about availability. That’s what prompted us to bite the bullet then and take the spot. As current residents renew their leases or give notice they are leaving, more slots can open up. We liked it too because of the proximity to the Physics and Engineering buildings. </p>

<p>I live at U Club and love it! The only real downside is the train, but you can here it from pretty much anywhere you stay off campus that is within walking distance.</p>

<p>Thank you everyone for the replies! I will be moving into the U Centre on Jan. 12th before the NSC. Thanks again!</p>