Off Campus Living - Costs

<p>Spent the weekend in T-town with son. Arrived early enough to visit apartments son is considering living in next year. We are trying to figure a budget. Can someone tell me how much they are paying for electricity each month? Cable? (Most likely he will live alone in a one bedroom.) I know the electricity will fluctuate but need a general idea.</p>

<p>Also, how about renters insurance? Many thanks!</p>

<p>living alone in a one bedroom will be considerably more expensive than living with roomies.</p>

<p>Is your son going to be an incoming frosh? Is he in high school now?</p>

<p>If so, he’ll have to live on campus next year.</p>

<p>He is on campus this year in a two bedroom in Riverside. Plans to move off campus next year. Living in a two bedroom VS. renting an apartment there isn’t much difference in cost…except electricity and cable (He doesn’t think he will need cable…doesn’t have time to watch TV…I think he should have basic channels). I’m trying to figure out how much those two will cost.</p>

<p>Oh that’s right. Your son is a current student. I misread your post.</p>

<p>Many complexes come with cable…no extra charge.</p>

<p>Keep in mind that you’ll be renting for 12 months, so the cost could be more than a Super Suite if your son is in a 1 BR apt. </p>

<p>You can look at Crimson Sterling, but I think the cost is going to be about $800 a month for 12 months.</p>