Off-Topic Discussion from "Colorado College withdraws from US News and World Report rankings"

Wesleyan is already test-optional; it’s twice as big as some of its closest rivals (so loses the benefits of any economies of scale when spending per student is prioritized) and has never really lined up with the magazine’s evident anti-affirmative action animus: Defending Its Rankings, U.S. News Takes Aim at Top Law Schools - The New York Times (nytimes.com). Is it time to follow Colorado, Reed, Yale Law School, Harvard law School, and others and just stop cooperating with the USNews rankings system?

1 Like

The answer is yes. But thinking about that, what I would like to see is a cooperative effort to make the Common Data Set information, that almost all schools are already providing, available in an official portal that made searching and comparison easy. I know that part of the appeal of CDS to the schools is its awkwardness and obscurity, but I think it’s time for something better.

3 Likes

Hold that thought! Perhaps, it would be best to continue this string in this already off-topic thread. LOL.

2 Likes