OFFICIAL 2014 African American Results Thread

<p>KSARMAND, ur haitian! U have some AMAZING stats. congrats on Columbia and let’s keep representin’ for the Haitians! haha. :stuck_out_tongue: and YES GOD IS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!</p>

<p>^:D I’m happy to see a fellow Haitian on this thread too. How many are there on CC? Any estimates?</p>

<p>Not Haitian…Im Costa Rican!!!</p>

<p>We share the love with all nations that border/are actually in the Caribbean Sea. ^_^</p>

<p>Thanks I feel so…accepted. LMAO!!!</p>

<p>Me too. I’m Bahamian :D</p>

<p>Now is when the Caribbeans come out of the woodwork. Oh dear.</p>

<p>So, who has the best music in the Caribbean? I nominate Haitian kompa. Or zouk for you folks out there who don’t want to take sides.</p>

<p>Jamaican reggae, reggae/R&B mixed, and dancehall are probably my favorites. I love me some Buju Banton, Elephant Man, and the Marleys (any of them). I don’t hear a lot of music I like when I’m in the Bahamas unless you count the Junkanoo stuff.</p>

<p>I’m not a big fan of kompa but Haitian movies are hilarious. I’ll mail some to Columbia ksarmand! Lol</p>

<p>My mom listens to Haitian music even though she doesn’t speak the creole. My mom is just weird like that. </p>

<p>I like all kinds of music. Right now I am in love with Alicia Keys’ new album</p>

<p>I love Alicia Keys as an artist. Her style kinda changed. But as a person, I’m frustrated with the whole affair she was caught up in. It’s horrible.</p>

<p>^^ true, its made me lose so much respect for her, i guess because she built up a persona for herself that led me to believe she was better than that. you know, i suppose it is possible that she’s genuinely in love with Swizz but at the end of the day he’s a married man(with a kid too lol). you wait till he’s divorced then make your move…</p>

<p>my sis let me borrow her album and i blasted it in my car. it was amazing. although her voice isn’t as strong as jennifer hudson or mary j., her melodies are on point!</p>

<p>My mom always told me that when I relationship doesnt start well, it wont end well. I like to not think about her personal life and just focus on her music. I used to call her a goddess but I dont know if the name still fits.</p>

<p>I’m jamaican! Is everyone in here a Jamaican female?</p>

<p>Accepted: American University
No word on $, though. And I love how this post comes after a bajillion of others that really didn’t address the topic of this thread. :)</p>

<p>LOL ksarmand yeah same here! i love alicia keys’ new album, btw =) CONGRATS on American ! i’m still waiting to hear from them!
Accepted: Williams College, full ride
i’m not sure if anyone really knows about it but it’s a really really good liberal arts college; US rankings and reports ranked it number 1 amongst wesleyan, amherst and others.</p>

<p>Dude! Who among the college-obsessed folks here on CC doesn’t know about Williams?! Congratulations!!! :D</p>

<p>And check your email. They’re rolling in, bit by bit. You should visit the American thread too.</p>

<p>Accepted: American University
@ ksarmand haha yeah it was sitting in my spam box for some reason =]</p>

<p>@justadream92: the same thing happened to me for my Harvard interview. I love gmail, but sometimes it does really stupid things.</p>