Rejected:
Wait listed:
Likely Attending: Milton

Stats:
• SSAT/ISEE/TOEFL/PSAT: 1510 PSAT
• GPA Unweighted/Weighted: 4.0 UW
• Other stats: AP scholar, likely National Merit semi-finalist

Subjective:
• Interviews: I think it went alright. It was my first on-campus interview (ever), so I was pretty nervous, but I feel like we got along pretty well. I rambled a bit about the things I’m passionate about, and it lasted for well over an hour.
• Essays: I spent <1 week on these, but I feel like I was really genuine in them and portrayed who I am
• Math Rec: I was able to read the rec after submission because I needed it for a summer program as well- it was decent but not incredibly individualized
• English Rec: blind since I’ve only known her for a few months but she’s amazing at writing and I love her class so that probably was okay
• Personal/Extracurricular Rec: I asked my computer science teacher to do this since I’m both in her class and the club she sponsors and I really like her- it was likely good
• Principal/Counselor Rec: my counselor has no idea who I am (I go to a pretty large school), so it was probably pretty impersonal, but decent
• Sports (if any): swim
• Instruments (if any): piano and voice but these are pretty insignificant, I’m not sure if I even included them on my application
• Other ECs (if any): math club, programming club, English Honor Society, weekly library volunteer, tutor, and swim instructor
• Hook: none

Location/Person:
• State or Country: TX
• Current School Type: public
• Ethnicity: Asian
• Grade Applying For: 11
• Financial Aid/Full Pay: full pay

Strengths: swimming (I’m not good enough to be recruited, but I can contribute to the team), tutoring/coaching (I work with a lot of younger and special needs kids, and I’m really passionate about it), full pay, international background

Weaknesses: well-rounded (no particularly impressive accomplishments or strengths), no hook, ORM, age (a year younger than my peers)

Why do you think you were accepted/rejected/waitlisted? Honestly, I think I got really lucky and I’m still shocked about being accepted. Go Mustangs!

Format (copy & paste all thing below):
Accepted: Hill, Stevenson, Santa Catalina
Rejected: Taft
Wait listed: OES, Ashville
Likely Attending: The Hill!

Stats:
• SSAT/ISEE/TOEFL/PSAT: PSAT: 1460
• GPA Unweighted/Weighted: UW: 3.98
• Other stats: SAT: 1480

Subjective:
• Interviews: Amazing. Interviewer specifically said that she wanted me and would try to get me in
• Essays: Pretty good
• Math Rec: no idea…
• English Rec: okay?
• Personal/Extracurricular Rec: CS internship, robotics, coding club, etc.
• Principal/Counselor Rec: okay…?
• Sports (if any): lol nope (except for skiing)
• Instruments (if any): percussion
• Other ECs (if any):
• Hook: Second-time applicant

Location/Person:
• State or Country: From China, live on the West Coast
• Current School Type: Public
• Ethnicity: Chinese
• Grade Applying For: 11
• Financial Aid/Full Pay: Full Pay

Strengths:
probably coding. I emphasized on the great cs courses The Hill has and how my personal interests and ecs matched those.
Weaknesses:
no significant awards
Why do you think you were accepted/rejected/waitlisted?
Strong academic ability and second time is the charm?