Official Class of 2015 Applicant Thread :)

<p>Home State: CA
ED/EA/RD: EA
GPA: 3.75 / 4.0
SAT: 2000
SAT II: 680 biology / 730 U.S. history
Major: dunno, probably economics or Business
ECs: pretty solid, a lot of commitment and leadership roles
awards: pretty decent in my opinion. Won a few national awards
Essay: Spent months on it
Where else are you applying?: Connecticut College, Lafayette College, Bucknell University, University of Richmond, Franklin & Marshall College, UCLA, UCSB, UCSC</p>

<p>Home State: MN
GPA: 3.96 / 4.0
ACT: 28
Major: Political Science/ International Relations
ECs:Extracurriculars: National Honor Society, Varsity policy debate (captain), French Honor Society, Varsity tennis (captain) Hebrew Tutor,
Job/Work Experience: Best Buy (3 years),
Volunteer/Community service: Feed My Starving Children, Neighborhood outreach.
Essay: I was told it was well written. It is about the culture shock I expereienced when I went to Russia
Where else are you applying?: Tulane (Accepted), Fordham (Accepted), University of Minnesota (Accepted), University of Oregon (Accepted), Case Western (Accepted), Vanderbilt, Northwestern, Tufts, Macalester College</p>

<p>Home State: IA
SAT: 2000, 780 in Spanish, 700 in Math II
ACT: 31
GPA: 4.0, 4.35 weighed
Top 5% of class
Major: Undeclared Engineering as of now, most likely going into Biomedical
Where else are you applying? Iowa State, Rice, UT Austin, GA Tech, Columbia, UC: Berkeley, UCLA, UC: San Diego</p>

<p>Home State: CA
SAT: N/A
ACT: 32
GPA: 3.75 UW, 3.9 W
Major: Political Science/ Philosophy
Where else are you applying? Tulane (accepted), Vandy, Duke, Boston College, University of San Diego, Chapman, Arizona (accepted)</p>

<p>Home State: PA
GPA: 3.78/4.0
SAT/ACT: 1850
Major: Sport Administration
Where else are you applying?: accepted to loyola MD, pitt, catholic. waiting on univeristy of maryland and syracuse</p>

<p>Shermani and vdub212 seems like Tulane is sending out acceptance letters early… did you apply ED or RD there?
And Rice–applying to more than 3 or 4 schools increases chances of merit scholarships since many of these schools (UM, Wake Forest, Vandy, Tulane, etc.) give merit $. That is why counselor said to spend the $50 application fee in hopes of getting competitive merit offers.</p>

<p>creativecrew-</p>

<p>Tulane only has EA but they said that If I submitted the app by November 15th they would let me know in four weeks. Not sure if that also works for RD… I sent in the app right around November 1st and heard back on December 1st.</p>

<p>I applied EA, I heard back in November</p>