Official Class of 2017 Results Thread

<p>

</p>

<p>They sure know how to be redundant. ^_^</p>

<p>Probably not. I’m already taking a few days to visit off for the Finalist weekend. I doubt my parents would also fund another visit (and then that other event…).</p>

<p>Had a friend yesterday receive her BSAI invite to Duke</p>

<p>Congratulations to you Dukes and everyone else</p>

<p>Hopefully we have greater success on Ivy Day</p>

<p>Wow! I love this Specialty topic. But, anyways, congrats to all those out there. You’ve all been accepted into some great schools. I’m blessed, for I just received an acceptance letter from Cornell! Woohoo!!! Good luck to everyone still waiting!</p>

<p>Congratulations! ^</p>

<p>Accepted!!!
Baylor Howard and UNL ( safety in state)
Now waiting on UCLA and Hampton
Leaning towards Howard!!!</p>

<p>Accepted to UC Santa Barbara today! So far, I’ve gotten in 2 of the 4 UC’s I applied to. I’m now waiting on UCLA, UC Berkeley, and USC! Their decisions are coming out in 3 more weeks!!! So nervous and anxious! :D</p>

<p>Congratulations, Curious and Lay!
:heart:</p>

<p>Good luck with the rest of your decisions, Curious. <em>^▁^</em></p>

<p>Congratulations lovelies! Looks like y’all will have some nice schools to choose from pretty soon. :)</p>

<p>Thanks alexissss! :smiley:
Congrats to all of you guys and good luck! :)</p>

<p>Thanks and congrats to those who have been accepted and good luck to those still waiting!</p>

<p>You’re very welcome. And thank you. :3</p>

<p>I got my first acceptances this week: Drexel (with 25K in merit) and Amherst. Drexel was a safety-ish school though and still insanely expensive even with the scholarship. But I’m waiting on 9 more schools, and hearing back from UChi (top choice) on Friday. brb crying</p>

<p>Got accepted to Spelman tonight!! Checked the mailbox and was greeted with a big envelope (:
So far:</p>

<p>Accepted:
Long Beach State
San Diego State
University of Miami ($)
Spelman</p>

<p>Rejected:
Cal Poly SLO (free app, <1% AA)</p>

<p>Of my choices as of now, Spelman wins hands down. Even if I get accepted to other places, I may still go to Spelman.</p>

<p>Sent from my SGH-T589 using CC</p>

<p>^ Congrats! :D</p>

<p>Got a likely letter to UCLA today!</p>

<p>^ From Engineering? That’s awesome! What does it say?</p>

<p>Objective:
SAT I (breakdown): 500 SAT M; 550 SAT R; 560 SAT W
ACT: 19
SAT Subject Tests: None
Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 2.8
Weighted GPA: 3.45
Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): 135 out of 344
AP (place score in parenthesis): AP English Language (2); AP US History (3)
IB (place score in parenthesis):
Senior Year Course Load: AP World History; AP English Lit; AP Spanish Lang; AP Gov’t & Politics: US
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): Kappa Scholar; Nat’l Spanish Honors Society; 4th in NSE in state; 3rd Place FBLA winner
Subjective:
Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): Interact (President and Founder of my school’s chapter); SGA (Comm. Service Chair); local student ambassador program (Corresponding Secretary); NC Youth Legislature (Senator '12; Reporter '11)
Job/Work Experience:
Volunteer/Community service: WFYL; NSHS; SGA; Interact
Summer Activities: People to People Student Ambassador Program; NSLC: Law & Advocacy I: The Trial
Essays (subjects and personal opinions)
Common App Main Essay: “The Perfect Beach Trip” - about how I was bored and sad about not going to the beach, so I occupy myself by trying to complete my to=do list and the first thing I have to do is draw to practice using my creativity and I create a drawing of “The Perfect Beach Trip”.
EC Short Answer: Mix of my leadership positions. It was terrible.
Additional Essay: Wrote one about my favorite comfort food: grapes with cream cheese. It was weird :stuck_out_tongue:
Teacher Recommendation 1: Excellent
Teacher Recommendation 2: Very good
Counselor Rec: Very good
Additional Rec:
Other
State (if domestic applicant): North Carolina
Country (if international applicant):
School Type: Public
Country of Origin: USA
Educational level of parents: Master’s; Bachelor’s
Income level: $120,000 a year
Adversity overcome: Bullying; domestic abuse; child abuse; alcohol abuse; PTSD
Involvement in Hispanic community: NSHS
Other hooks (recruited athlete, development, etc.): African-american female from NC
Colleges
Accepted: Howard, Spelman, Lenoir-Rhyne w/$16,000 scholarship, Saint Augustine’s University w/$6,000 scholarship, Shaw U; *Pending decision - UNC CH, Harvard, Vanderbilt
Deferred: Meredith College
Waitlisted:
Denied: UNC Asheville
Likely attending: Spelman College
Outside scholarships:
Institutional scholarships:
Reflection
Strengths: Main essay; teacher recs; ECs are AMAZING and I gave a lot of detail about my ECs; minority status; rigorous course load; great grades in social sciences (I want to be a History major)
Weaknesses: GPA; Class rank; grades
General Comments: Despite my low grades, I believe I do have academic promise. I just didn’t keep my grades up because I had situations going on at home and at school that kept my attention away from my grades. Going to college, I’m hoping for an environment in which I can focus on my academic ventures and have a pleasant social life where I can make lasting, positive friendship and find sisterhood! :)</p>

<p>You sent your SAT scores, right? They’re much better than your 19 ACT.</p>

<p>thisbrerulezyou. I am glad see that you have overcome so much like i did. You and I going to accomplish even more yet!</p>

<p>Got a likely from Cornell. My first Ivy acceptance!</p>

<p>Here’s to it not being my last!</p>