Official Class of 2017 Results Thread

<p>Thanks guys! And good job everyone else keep it up!!</p>

<p>**Decision: Accepted, Princeton SCEA **</p>

<p>Objective:[ul]
[<em>] SAT I (breakdown): 2340: 800 CR, 740 M, 800 W (10 Essay)
[</em>] ACT: didnĀ’t take
[<em>] SAT II: 770 Math II, 710 US History
[</em>] Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.98
[<em>] Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable):
[</em>] AP (place score in parenthesis): Psychology (5) [school only offers 4 APs]
[<em>] IB (place score in parenthesis):
[</em>] Senior Year Course Load: University Physics I, University Physics II, Economics/Government, AP Calculus BC, AP English Literature, University Statistics, University Macroeconomics, University Art Class, AP Spanish Language
[<em>] Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): National Merit Commended, National Achievement Semifinalist, National Honor Society
[/ul]
Subjective:[ul]
[</em>] Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): Mock Trial (President), Varsity Soccer (Captain, Sectional Finalists, League Champions), Yearbook (Copy Editor), Black Student Association (Vice President), Robotics (some international/regional awards), California Scholarship Federation (Chapter Founder, President), Private Tutor for most of high school</p>

<p>[<em>] Job/Work Experience: Summer Internship at BP (Graphic Designing)
[</em>] Volunteer/Community service: Tutoring, Mentoring at Robotics Summer Camp
[<em>] Summer Activities: university classes, mentor at Robotics camp, summer internship at BP
[</em>] Essays: Okay/Decent. Everyone who read them liked them but they werenĀ’t my best. Common App talked about my experiences tutoring. Supplement was about the influence of my father in my life. Well-written but nothing really stood out about them. However, I was genuine and showed my personality.
[<em>] Teacher Recommendation: One I know was amazing, the other was okay. Both teachers liked me more than most students and I had a good reputation with all the faculty at my relatively small school.
[</em>] Counselor Rec: You never know with my counselor. IĀ’m assuming form letter
[<em>] Additional Rec: none
[</em>] Interview: Meh. Talked about Princeton 90% of the time and me for like 10% (even that might be an overestimation). I couldnĀ’t tell what he thought of me at all though.
[/ul]
Other[ul]
[<em>] State (if domestic applicant): California
[</em>] Country (if international applicant):
[<em>] School Type: public magnet math & science high school
[</em>] Ethnicity: African American
[<em>] Gender: female
[</em>] Income Bracket: applied for financial aid
[<em>] Hooks (URM, first generation college, etc.): URM
[/ul]
Reflection[ul]
[</em>] Strengths: SAT I, GPA, URM
[<em>] Weaknesses: Essays? SAT IIs? Extracurriculars? Nothing really sticks out about me as an applicant, especially compared to everyone else applying to Princeton SCEA.
[</em>] Why you think you were accepted/waitlisted/rejected: God!!! <3
[li] Where else were you accepted/waitlisted/rejected: nowhere so far[/li][/ul]
General Comments:
Just excited, I canĀ’t believe it, Princeton Class of 2017!!! :D</p>

<p>congrats schoolgirl! are you for sure going to princeton?</p>

<p>I donā€™t know yet, Iā€™m applying to Stanford and maybe Harvard, RD. But most likely, Iā€™ve been falling even more in love with it since I got accepted. Are you for sure Harvard 2017? :slight_smile: And congrats to everyone so far!</p>

<p>You guys are amazing! Quick Update:</p>

<p>Iā€™ve just been informed that I was awarded a $10k/year merit scholarship from UChicago! I will definitely be matriculating there! Nice to be around a group of supportive, accomplished people! Keep it up everyone!</p>

<p>Wow, AMAZING job guys on both accomplishments and acceptances!</p>

<p>Sent from my SGH-T589 using CC</p>

<p>congrats on all of your accomplishments! Since everyone else is updating, I think I should too. I just became a NYTimes scholarship semifinalist. I should also mention that I was a national achievement semifinalist, not commended like l posted. That was an accident :stuck_out_tongue: anyway, congratulations to everyone and good luck to everyone still applying! :)</p>

<p>Can more average students post on this thread? I feel pretty confident about my apps, but Iā€™m nowhere close to the people on here. But Congratulations to all the people who got accepted to their dream schools!</p>

<p>Mustangmaniac-- of course you can post on his page. This page and the hispanic page has lots of info that you will find helpful. This is a stressful time and you will find that the info will not be on steroids like some of the other pages. Do not let the stats of others get to you. We incourage each other! We know its a stressful time. We welcome you!</p>

<p>Got into my #1 school, (Baylor University). Sent in my deposit yesterday, housing arrangements today. Iā€™m not applying to anywhere else. Go bears!</p>

<p>Congrats bunny ! Glad this process is over for you.</p>

<p>Sent from my SGH-T589 using CC</p>

<p>Thank you buttafly13!</p>

<p>Well, I donā€™t have any results yet, but I have a 3.7 UW GPA, 4.6 W GPA, But my SAT Scores are horrid. I applied to NC State, UNC Charlotte and NC A&T. I really want to go to NC State though, but their engineering program is extremely hard to get into. I just hope the admissions office doesnā€™t focus too much on my standardized test scores. :/</p>

<p>Congratulations to everyone else though :)</p>

<p>Thanks@buttafly!good luck to everyone else!!!</p>

<p>Congrats to you all!</p>

<p>@mustangmaniac- In the event you are opened to explore SAT/ACT optional schools, you should peruse this link. Not sure which is Engineering ones. I suggest you do followup with a specific school that interests you for more detail</p>

<p>[SAT/ACT</a> Optional 4-Year Universities | FairTest](<a href=ā€œhttp://www.fairtest.org/university/optional]SAT/ACTā€>ACT/SAT Optional List - Fairtest)</p>

<p>Good luck to you, and trust me, your dream school will be the one that you make it to be :cool:</p>

<p>@schoolgirl apply to harvard!!! and yes im pretty for sure going</p>

<p>I just found out that I got admitted to San Francisco State University! Although I donā€™t really plan on going there, it feels good to be admitted somewhere. :slight_smile: I still have my mind on UCLA, UC Berkeley, and USC! :-D</p>

<p>Decision: Accepted into Penn State with Two Scholarships Totaling $14,000! :D</p>

<p>Objective:
SAT I (breakdown): 1570 Superscored (M:440,CR:620,W:510)
ACT: N/A
SAT Subject Tests: N/A
Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.8
Weighted GPA: N/A
Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): 180/325
AP (place score in parenthesis): N/A
IB (place score in parenthesis): N/A
Senior Year Course Load: Econ&U.S. Gov, Honors Latin I, ELA IV, Pre-Calc, Anatomy&Physiology, Theology IV, and Band
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): N/A</p>

<p>Subjective:
Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): Marching band, Percussion ensemble, National Youth Leadership Forum on Medicine, Wells Fargo College Bound
Job/Work Experience: POS Associate (Cashier) at Kohlā€™s
Volunteer/Community service:
Summer Activities:
Essays (subjects and personal opinions)
Common App Main Essay: N/A
EC Short Answer: N/A
Additional Essay:
Teacher Recommendation 1:
Teacher Recommendation 2:
Counselor Rec:
Additional Rec:
Other