Official Class of 2017 Results Thread

<p>yeah seriously i feel like that was a mistake on their part ahha @carlton , what ivies ^</p>

<p>@hellogoodbye, all of them. I was only planning on applying to HYP but my parents made me apply to the others.</p>

<p>Iā€™ll post my sonā€™s results </p>

<p>Accepted: Albright, Beloit, Ithaca, Lake Forest, Knox, Penn State - Erie, Ursinus
Rejected: Hamilton EDI (had been accepted to their diversity fly-in)
Still Waiting: Champlain, Juniata</p>

<p>GPA: 3.3 school has no AP/honors/IB
Test Scores: SAT 1860/1240 ACT 28
ECs: 2 years track/cross country , a few writing workshops one of which is competitive and nationally known, a paid summer internship, a couple of computer science camps
Strengths: probably his LORs, test scores relatively speaking
Weaknesses: Transcript has lots of Cs in core courses, no significant extracurricular activities/leadership/community service
General thoughts: I think heā€™s had good results. We focused on schools that might want diversity and where his scores were solidly in their midrange. Heā€™s received merit $$ at 5 of the 7 acceptances so far.</p>

<p>Congrats to you and son Ree!</p>

<p>I hope to celebrate a acceptance decision in the next week or so! ;)</p>

<p>@reeinaz</p>

<p>I have heard of exactly 0 of those schools, haha. No offense</p>

<p>Iā€™m in the same boat as you @curious.
I really am anxious. But I know if I donā€™t get itā€¦I still have a chance for regular admissions.
And plus I still love SCā€¦that is my schoolā€¦if I donā€™t get accepted Iā€™ll just try to transfer in lol. </p>

<p>Hopefully we both get good news next week =)
Sent from my LG-VM696 using CC</p>

<p>^Youā€™re applying to USC too? Awesome! May the odds be ever in our favors! :D</p>

<p>Ugh, I had to cut five schools from my list. T__T Anyone else?</p>

<p>Sadly, I didnā€™t receive any good news from USC yesterday. Now I have to wait to hear from USC til the last week in March with my other college decisions. :(</p>

<p>^^same here but I didnā€™t apply before the scholarship deadline. Itā€™s going to be kind of a long wait but hopefully school well help it go by faster plus February is a short month. Did you apply for the Black Alumni Assiciation scholarship?</p>

<p>I did! I think the USC BAA scholarship can really help in the admissions decision as well with financial aid.
Even though technically im not first generation (my mom got her bachelors online when I was in 9th grade) Iā€™m applying to Norman Topping too because Iā€™m on that low low low income status lol.</p>

<p>Yeah Iā€™m really hoping that applying for the other scholarships will help with admissions decisions too! I am also applying for the topping scholarship but I donā€™t think I will get it because according to a financial aid advisor I will not get any scholarships or financial aid because of my dads income :confused: but hopefully I will get something I am crossing my fingers</p>

<p>Yea, but honestly I hate/ love the whole autobiography thing. </p>

<p>Like I like it cause they only see ā€œoh hey she needs to have higher grades and tests scores cause she goes to boarding school.ā€ when they see my application. But when I get the chance to explain that" no actually I have a scholarship and those children have tutors and I donā€™t." I feel relieved.</p>

<p>But I hate having to layout my whole life story! Its so much and its only 18 years of living!</p>

<p>But I am definitely applying. Lets just all hope for the best! I hope we all can get into USC and be apart of the class of 2017. Actually I stalk the USC black class of blah fb groups. It makes me want to go there more. lol.</p>

<p>At least you have a life story! Lol I am so dull itā€™s not even funny. And I stalk those threads to which is probably really unhealthy. I just donā€™t want to be really disappointed in April.</p>

<p>My bestfriend also applied to USC. Good luck to you all!</p>

<p>Lauren it is completely fine. You need to look back on your life, and then focus in on one thing. Maybe you are not as boring as you think.</p>

<p>Yeah Iā€™m sure I will find something interesting to talk about. But I see that you talked to the topping people, did they say if the scholarship influenced admission decisions at all?</p>

<p>I didnā€™t Ask.I hope it does. But I have no idea. You can ask. And when you find out let me know lol</p>

<p>Sent from my LG-VM696 using CC</p>

<p>Nah I donā€™t like harassing college admissions. Thanks though!</p>