Official Class of 2017 Results Thread

<p>I got into Vanderbilt RD!!! I am SOOO excited!!!</p>

<p>Wow, congrats MuffinMan!</p>

<p>Surprised they let you know this early. Thatā€™s nice.</p>

<p>Omg, Muffin! Perfection! Did you get a letter?</p>

<p>Got into Vanderbilt RD. I got early notification as part of their MOSAIC diversity initiative.</p>

<p>Iā€™m extremely elated.</p>

<p>I got a letter because of the MOSAIC thing, like Philovitist said. Iā€™m just so surprised because I really did not expect to get in. But Iā€™m just going to be happy with what Iā€™ve been given :)</p>

<p>I donā€™t know if Iā€™ll make it to the event, but unless some other school gives me an offer I canā€™t refuse, I love the idea of Vanderbilt.</p>

<p>Should I post stats? >.></p>

<p>It might jinx me or something.</p>

<p>Congrats to both of you! :D</p>

<p>I applied, but Idk what Mosaic is soā€¦
Probs rejection. Lololololololol</p>

<p>You can post stats, I guess. </p>

<p>Did you get the letter today?</p>

<p>I think so.</p>

<p>Not getting early notification through MOSAIC doesnā€™t mean youā€™ll be rejected. It just means you havenā€™t been accepted yet.</p>

<p>I really coaxed this one through. Sending love letters to my adcom and telling her jokes and everything.</p>

<p>College: Vanderbilt University</p>

<p>Decision: Accepted</p>

<p>Objective:
SAT I (breakdown): 2290 (800 CR, 740 M, 750 W)
ACT: 32 (didnā€™t send because why?)
SAT II: 770 US History (picked because this was only course Iā€™d finished by then)
740 English Lit (picked just so my critreading score could overrule it)
Weighted GPA: 4.76
UW GPA: 3.97
Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): 13/417
AP (place score in parenthesis): European History (5)
IB (place score in parenthesis): Economics (7)
Senior Year Course Load: IB Mathematics SL, IB English HL, IB History of the Americas HL, IB Spanish SL, IB Biology HL, IB Psychology SL, Theory of Knowledge Honors, Government
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): National Merit Finalist, National Achievement Finalist, Social Studies Keystone Award (school), Scottish Rite JROTC thing, various medals
Subjective:
Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): NJROTC (9-11), Chief Editor of Unit Newsletter (10-11), Academic Team (9-11), Commander of that Team (10-11), Orienteering Team Member (11), Public Affairs Officer (10-11), LGBT Activist (10), Track and Field (Letter, State qualified) (9-12)
Job/Work Experience: McDonalds Crew Member (11-12) (30 hours a week, more during summer)
Volunteer/Community service: Various activities in name of NJROTC unit, about 20 hours per school year
Summer Activities: Mostly work at McDonalds and spending time with family
Essays: One essay about my passion for psychology and being homosexual with antagonistic parents, another about my activism in NJROTC to get gay couples permitted at the annual Unit Military Ball, another about my efforts to win my parentsā€™ love back again. All homocentric.
Teacher Recommendation: I feel somewhat confident that they were good.
Counselor Rec: Iā€™m guessing that it was good
Additional Rec: Got another teacher who I really loved in 10th grade and really loved me.
Interview: No interview. My life was pretty hectic that month.
Other
State (if domestic applicant): South Carolina
Country (if international applicant):
School Type: Public with 1 national merit every so often (moi)
Ethnicity: African American
Income Bracket: Iā€™m not sure. I get free lunch at school.
Hooks (URM, first generation college, etc.): URM (African American)
Reflection
Strengths: Test scores (for an AA >.>), URM status, well-written essays (writing is my ā€˜thingā€™), Activism, Overcoming hardship (Iā€™m poor, and my parents basically tolerate me, at best)
Weaknesses: Not too many ECs, no show of academic interests in my ECs, Class rank, ā€” basically everything except my strengths
Why you think you were accepted/waitlisted/rejected: Iā€™m pretty well-qualified, Iā€™m black, and I put a lot of work into demonstrating interest.
Where else were you accepted/waitlisted/rejected: Deferred from Yaleā€¦
General Comments: Iā€™d feel better, but all I got from my mom about it was an ā€˜okayā€™. >.></p>

<p>My EC list is a bit bigger now than it was when I applied, but that didnā€™t influence my application.</p>

<p>I suppose.</p>

<p>I just hate waiting. :&lt;/p>

<p>Got likely letters from Columbia and Duke!</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>That sucks. Best of luck to you.</p>

<p>@Mrluggs
Congratulations! Excellent accomplishments!</p>

<p>That means youā€™re are officially impressive, mrluggs.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Sure does. Thanks!</p>

<p>@MrLuggs</p>

<p>What sport do you play?</p>

<p>I havenā€™t mentioned it because sheā€™s not going to attend but my D got a full ride to my alma mater, Hampton University. </p>

<p>In case you guys donā€™t know, HU offers a full ride (tuition, room and board, books and a monthly stipend) to kids with a 1400 or more combined M & V. </p>

<p>There are significant scholarships at different cutoffs also - 1300, 1200, 1100. I forget the exact cutoffs and amounts though.</p>

<p>Thanks guys!</p>

<p>@Silkk- I donā€™t play any sports.</p>

<p>Congrats to MrLuggs and Madā€™s daughter!!</p>

<p>Sent from my SGH-T589 using CC</p>

<p>Wait, I thought likely letters were only for athletes. No?</p>

<p>Accepted into my ohio state safety.</p>