OFFICIAL Early Action Thread (Purdue Class of 2014)

<p>Hi Everyone!</p>

<p>If you're an Early Action applicant for Pudue's class of 2014, come introduce yourself! Include stats, what college you're applying to, and where you're from.</p>

<p>I guess I'll start! Applying to the liberal arts college, NC resident, public high school, 3.54 UW gpa, 3.89 W gpa, SAT is currently a 1810, treasurer of NHS, and co-founder and co-president of the movie club and the amnesty international club.</p>

<p>Hey! I’m an EA applicant from the great state of Texas! I applied to Texas A&M, Baylor, Tulane, UT Austin, University of Houston, and of course Purdue!!! I already got accepted to A&M, and am waiting for decisions from everyone else. </p>

<p>I am applying to the pre-pharm program (I want to become a pharmacist, and Purdue is ranked 9th in the nation), I am in the National Honor Society, Red Cross Club, Invisible Children’s Club, but I don’t hold any leadership positions in any of them. My UW GPA is 3.8-3.9, somewhere around there, and my W GPA is around a 4.1. I am in the top 15% of my class and I got a 2130 on my SAT’s. I really hope I get into the pre-pharm program!</p>

<p>anyone else? lol!</p>

<p>Probably will get busier around late November.</p>

<p>haha true, jimgotkp. i just thought with apps due early november, people might be working on them now and all.</p>

<p>Hey, I guess you could include me in the early action decision (I assume its just the response in december, i didnt think there was a choice of early notification) whatever. I have already applied to CoE. From ohio obviously, legacy, gpa 3.8 (crappy public school), 25 act (low, i know, math is much higher though) 1170 sat (again low), both were sent (free) so I dont know what they will use. I dont think i will be attending (out of state tuition, tho my favorite school of the ones im applying too) but my parents wanted me to apply. Usual Ec’s nothing special NHS, JETS, Academic Team, Golf, Baseball, MUN yada yada. So I guess thats it.</p>

<p>Hey guys I have a quick question. If I apply right now, is it early decision? Meaning if I get accepted, I HAVE to go there?</p>

<p>Nope! it’s non-binding, so if you apply early, then you just get notified early, that’s it</p>

<p>When did Purdue do EA btw? I thought it would still be rolling admissions like it was when I applied.</p>

<p>Alright thanks STV!</p>

<p>it still is rolling i believe, i just think loly gaga just meant the notification in dec rather than jan or feb. I remember getting something in the mail like if you apply by oct 15 or something you are garunteed a decision by dec 5 or something like that. Like i said i think the op just means the earliest notification date</p>

<p>3.5 W GPA with Strongest Rigor, 1960 SAT, 29 ACT, Great but not Outstanding EC’s, applying Engineering but would take Computer Science if they denied me and offered me another choice. It will be hard to go even if I get in. The distance and weather are big negatives. Also there are just so many options that are just safer for me and make my parents feel better. I did like it a lot though.</p>

<p>that’s exactly what i mean FutureBSME lol thanks for clarifying that to everyone!</p>

<p>VirginiaFan, I’m not sure if your from Virginia but I’m guessing you are from your username. I’m from Jersey and going to Purdue is TOTALLY worth the out of state tuition. Unfortunately, I couldn’t afford it this year so I had no option except to transfer out but I could’ve put myself in a dangerous financial situation to stay there but opted not to. I regret it but I want to share to others that have this AWESOME opportunity to take advantage of it. The weather really isn’t any different from weather in Northern Jersey but a tad colder in the winter. However, it will be a bit more different for you since VA is more warmer than NJ. You can also get a lot of frequent flier miles in since you will most likely be taking the plane to go home, so I’d take advantage of that!</p>

<p>Nah I’m from North Carolina, but my parents went to UVA, thus I am a virginia fan (and I lived there for a few years as a child). The weather is the same though so your post is still plenty valid. It’s kind of funny when people at my school say that they would never go to school in Virginia because it is colder there in the winter. I kind of give them a blank look at then ask if they are serious.</p>

<p>As long as I get into Purdue, I’m going to visit in January. My parents said that if there is any chance that I want to go, then I have to visit when it is cold by myself to see how I handle the whole thing. Thanks for the advice though.</p>

<p>Well, I know people who are from Florida and Southern Cal. who seem to survive the weather lol. At least January ain’t that bad compared to February but best of wishes on your acceptance dude.</p>

<p>The winters in the Midwest require you to bundle up, but, hell, it kills the bugs. They’re so big in the south that they name them, and if you dare attempt to squish one, you damn well better kill it, or you’ll be dinner.</p>

<p>Hey! I’m also an EA applicant for pre-pharm too. I’m an Illinois resident, competitive public high school top 6% UW, top 3% W, 4.89/5.00 UW, 5.49/5.00 W (yeah… we use a 5 point scale unfortunately), 33 ACT (34M,R,E, 33S), National Honors Society member, badminton team, math team member and enthusiast, drum major (3years) of a highly recognized marching band, and president of an “influence-free” club.
I’m hoping I’ll get in! I think Purdue is number one for me atm :]</p>

<p>h22h without a doubt you’d be accepted…</p>

<p>i’m applying early to Purdue’s school of engineering, but i’ve heard it’s significantly more competitive than their other colleges…hmm
gpa 3.00 uw / school doesn’t weigh / very competitive public school in MA
sats 2240 - 720R 760M 760W
math 1 730</p>

<p>i’m filling out the application now, but i guess i won’t receive a decision from Purdue until February ):</p>

<p>anyways good luck everyone (:</p>