OFFICIAL Early Action Thread (Purdue Class of 2014)

<p>got into purdue today for civil engineering… another person from MA</p>

<p>Congrats on all of the acceptances. :)</p>

<p>I got in like on monday but it says “offer admission”
and program :first year engineering…
i applied as industrial Engineering…
does it mean that i did not get in IE program??</p>

<p>Everyone is admitted to First Year Engineering, then applys to a specific program after that if assuming all first year prerequisites are met. All you are doing on the application is indicating an interest in IE, not applying ;)</p>

<p>oh~~ thank u… hahaha em… how hard is purdue ? like
how hard is classes haha</p>

<p>and what kind of classes do we take?? first year engineering… in freshman year?</p>

<p>Hi, Im also a future freshmen in the college of engineering. I just wanted to let you know a lot of that kind of info is on their website but im typing anyway so I will just answer your question. Calc 1 and 2, intro to engineering or some kind of engineering survey (2 courses), chem 1 and depending on which you choose to take chem 2 or something like programming, english comp, physics 1, science elective but that is not counted in your EAI (engineering academic index) i think, which is your gpa for entrance to a specific major, and Im sure im missing one or two but it is pretty basic for everywhere.</p>

<p><a href=“School of Engineering Education - Purdue University”>School of Engineering Education - Purdue University;

<p>Classes you take for FYE, along with what’s counted towards your EAI, and the minimum EAI for each specific college.</p>

<p>Congrats Redsoxfan, good to see another Bostonian in the mix.</p>

<p>thakn u so much</p>

<p>Congrats to everyone, </p>

<p>I got my accepted e-mail today, but doesn’t say anything about honors or scholarships any idea when this stuff will come in?</p>

<p>Anyways I just want to bask in my acceptance right now (my first public U. acceptance)</p>

<p>WOOHOO</p>

<p>Congrats guys</p>

<p>My daughter was accepted into the First Year Engineering program today. So at least somebody is working at Purdue this week. This makes 2 of 3. Still waiting on a decision from the last one.</p>

<p>Um… can someone clarify this for me? </p>

<p>This is my admission status…</p>

<p>Application Status: Incomplete items outstanding
Decision: Pending/Additional Info</p>

<p>so…I looked at the requirements and saw this… </p>

<p>Application Fee Nov 15, 2009<br>
Official HS Transcript Nov 23, 2009<br>
7th Semester Grades<br>
Test Scores Nov 24, 2009<br>
ACT/SAT Writing Score Nov 24, 2009</p>

<p>So, I believe they want my 7th semester grades. Does this mean I am on the bubble or something? My semester ends like at the end of January, I live in CA. So I kind of have to wait till then to send it. </p>

<p>Please Help!</p>

<p>Yes, I would say they want your 7th semester grades. I would suggest sending a photocopy of your first quarter grades along with a short note informing them of when your 7th semester grades will be available. It can’t hurt, shows interest, and might help.</p>

<p>^Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. I hope they pick up their phone tomorrow, I will ask them myself for some clarification. </p>

<p>Thanks for the help!</p>

<p>Just wondering, how many of you are considering attending Purdue? I’m still weighing it with Minnesota, as Minnesota might be a lot cheaper. But Purdue is still my number one choice.</p>

<p>They told me to fax the grades in after I get them. They want to see the trend in my grades.</p>

<p>Tmac- I accepted my admission to Purdue. Boiler up!</p>

<p>Nice Collegehunter! I haven’t accepted yet and probably will not until I hear about scholarships, but Purdue is my #1 for sure now.</p>

<p>yeah I am really hoping to hear about scholarships today!! I got a scholarship at IU as well as at the University of New Hampshire. In-state combined with my scholarship to UNH would actually put tuition costs @ $2000… but they don’t have the right program :-(</p>