OFFICIAL Early Action Thread (Purdue Class of 2014)

<p>highoffyou you would probably get accepted also. GPA is abit low but your SAT is outstanding. Purdue also seems to be accepting alot of students from the West and East Coast now. Alot of students from MA/NJ/NY go to Purdue nowadays.</p>

<p>Massachusetts… 3.8 GPA, 27 ACT, College of LSA… They received all of my documents around mid-October. I am anxious to know of my decision!!! From their website, it says decisions don’t start showing up until December… is that true? Or is Purdue rolling?</p>

<p>I applied to Purdue yesterday. Sent my documents today. 1820 SAT but a 3.92 GPA. So, I think I’m fine.</p>

<p>DS submitted his application yesterday. All transcripts (overseas and US schools) and scores are already in. </p>

<p>SAT - 2080
WGPA - 3.98
Rank - about 20% (obnoxiously competitive HS)
NHS
Band - Marching, Concert, Jazz (audition based), Symphonic Orchestra
Currently in TX, but not from here. Spent 7 years overseas (4th-10th grades)</p>

<p>In general, Purdue is a match, but because he wants ENGR (Civil Engr with Architectural Engr concentration), it’s a little “iffy.” and no matter where he goes - he wants to be in the band.</p>

<p>Not sure what you mean by “DS” but whoever he is seems like to me Purdue is more of a safety for him due to his great SAT score and GPA.</p>

<p>I believe that Purdue Admissions will be releasing their initial batch of admissions decisions on December 11th after 5pm. At least that’s what I’m seeing on the website. I hope they’re still rolling admissions, but I don’t think we’ll be seeing anything before 12/11@5pm.</p>

<p>At any rate,</p>

<p>College of Engineering (Aero/Astro)
ACT 32 (35 Math)
GPA (School doesn’t calculate, but 96 on a 100 point scale)
AP Scholar
Math Team
Summer Job
Volunteer CCD Teacher</p>

<p>^Man are you serious? So they release their decisions at the exact same day and time as UIUC?</p>

<p>I’ll be a nervous wreck that day.</p>

<p>^ yes Cody, that is true…same day/time as UIUC. My son is in the same boat. It will be a toss-up to see which decision is checked first. Great chance at Purdue…not so for UIUC…</p>

<p>purdue early action decisions will be released december 11th. good luck everyone!</p>

<p>Hey guys im from Southern CAL
from one of the top schools in the nation.
Moved around alot Sophomore year (to Kansas and back)
and this really affected my GPA</p>

<p>Applying to Aerospace Engineering</p>

<p>My stats</p>

<p>-GPA UW - 3.55
dont know weighted</p>

<p>SAT - 2290
CR - 760
M - 800
W - 730</p>

<p>Subjects
Math 2 - 790 (retake Nov.)
Physics - 740(retake Nov.)</p>

<p>Should I submit ACT (I took in Oct. and scores aren’t out yet)?
expecting 35</p>

<p>EC’s
Astronomy Club - President (12), Treasurer(11) , 10, 9
Philosophy Club - President (12), 11, 10, 9
Robotics Engineering (we compete at JPL/Caltech etc.) 12, 11
LEO Club - 9,10,11,12 - various projects and hours
Tutor Volunteer Association 12, 11 (Math + Science)</p>

<p>Work Exp.
Tutor for pay -Math + Physics</p>

<p>AP Scores
Calculus AB - 5
Physics C Mech - 5
Physics C - E&M - 5</p>

<p>Senior Schedule
AP Bio
AP Comp Sci
AP Stats
Calc CD Honors
Econ
English 12</p>

<h2>Adv. Robotics Engr.</h2>

<p>Sorry I made this look like a chance post
GOOD LUCK to everybody that is applying
Do I have a chance for AAE Honors</p>

<p>You will most likely make it to Honors First Year Engineering. You don’t apply to your specific Engineering program until your Sophomore year.</p>

<p>Thank you for the chance and the information,
I did not know that first year is not specialized
Good luck to everyone</p>

<p>Jimgotkp: "You will most likely make it to Honors First Year Engineering. You don’t apply to your specific Engineering program until your Sophomore year. " what do you mean? All freshman will go to First Year Engineering?</p>

<p>All freshmen go into First Year Engineering no matter what specific college they want to go to. You then take classes that make your EAI(Engineering Admissions Index) which is a GPA of some selected classes. Every school has a specific EAI that they want to see from the First Year Engineering students at the end of their freshman year. You apply to your specific college I believe in the end of your freshman year or the beginning of your sophomore year.</p>

<p>Jimgotkp:So all freshman will learn same courses in first years?</p>

<p>I applied today. Sent in my SAT scores, I need to get that Guidance Counselor form filled in. Do I have them send it in fax?</p>

<p>I’m hoping I made the deadline…My ACT score was received on the 12th, and my school sent out my transcript a week and a half ago, but it doesn’t appear on the tracker yet. I guess all I can do is hope.</p>

<p>^ or call admissions</p>

<p>Oddly enough, my transcript now shows up, just a few hours after my post. I’m checking way too often. XD</p>

<p>I guess I’m just nervous and want to make sure I get the chance I ought to have.</p>

<p>Anyhow, I got a 32 on the ACT but slacked off big time junior year. My weighted GPA after 6 semesters was a 4.0…Unweighted something like a 3.3</p>

<p>Tmac18 : You also apply UIUC, which one is your top choice?</p>