OFFICIAL Early Action Thread (Purdue Class of 2014)

<p>UIUC is my top choice. I know Purdue has supposedly a strong engineering program, but I’m not really interested in that…not that I don’t think its a very good school. Its probably my number 2 or 3.</p>

<p>I received a likely letter today. guys be on the lookout.</p>

<p>And what does a “likely letter” say???</p>

<p>Congrats velleity! What does it say??</p>

<p>“likely letter” should not be admitted letter.</p>

<p>thanks lolyGAGHa (i totally read it as ladygaga). it was a pretty generic letter from the dean who expressed her confidence that i would get accepted come dec 11. i know several other people who got it. i’m a bit surprised that purdue is not so stat-heavy as it is made out to be. apparently, low test scores can easily be compensated by excellence in other areas.</p>

<p>Which dean signed the letter? I’ll have to ask around to see who else may have gotten one…</p>

<p>velleity : just paste the letter here</p>

<p>i’m too lazy to type it out… it was mailed. my parent stole the letter from me, so i’m not quite sure who it was. i think her name is pamela horne. i applied oct 14th.</p>

<p>That’s really interesting…I didn’t know they give out likely letters…I know some schools do…</p>

<p>That’s really interesting</p>

<p>I also received a letter from the dean of admissions. It basically said they won’t send out official admission letters until december but they will not delay in letting some students know they have a spot for them. so its not an exact admissions letter but it generally says your accepted.
Good luck to the rest of you!</p>

<p>I got a “likely letter” as well. Too bad Purdue is unwilling to grant conditional acceptance to their pharm program :(</p>

<p>KayDae92 , velleity : when did you receive this “likely letter” ?</p>

<p>My son just got the likely letter today also.</p>

<p>I just got my likely letter as well</p>

<p>pinknpreppy216: do you mean your “likely letter” said Purdue reject you?</p>

<p>Wow! For those of you who received “likely” letters and haven’t visited…definitely do it! It is a really impressive place. In the 10 years I have visited schools with my four children and nieces, it is one of my favorites! Fantastic facilities and friendly people! I’m hoping my son (applied to liberal arts) is accepted and attends!</p>

<p>tonyecc, my likely letter stated that Purdue had accepted me. However, Purdue is one of many pharmacy schools that does not offer a conditional acceptance program. This means that one would have to reapply after the second year and is not guaranteed a spot (by any means) to the final four professional years. This is quite frankly not a risk that I’m willing to take. Looks like I’ll probably be headed to Pitt instead.</p>

<p>So, for those who have received likely letter, when did you submit your application and all docuements? I just submitted 2 weeks ago, should I expect to receive such a letter recently? :)</p>