OFFICIAL Early Action Thread (Purdue Class of 2014)

<p>Interesting that Purdue now sends “likely” letters out to the applicants…</p>

<p>This is only a hunch, but I think “likely” letters are only sent to the strongest applicants (it also may depend on the applicant’s major/school) so it keeps them “interested” in the school as they likely receive other admission offers in the process. It also may be for very strong applicants who completed their apps closer to the deadline the school gave for December 11th notification in the event their decisions weren’t available exactly on that date. Again, just a guess - because it would seem like a lot of work to send likely letters to everyone who has already been accepted.</p>

<p>Maybe can call Purdue admission for detail :)</p>

<p>What the hell?</p>

<p>Is there such a such thing as a “reverse” likely letter? Like one that says “Thanks for you application, however I’m relatively confident that you will not be admitted on 12-11.” That’s probably what I’m gonna get.</p>

<p>I also got a likely letter. Mine didn’t come until yesterday, probably because I live on the East Coast. Toneyecc- I submitted my application on about October 9th, so a good month ago or so.</p>

<p>And I guess to answer the question originally asked…</p>

<p>I’m from New Hampshire and applying for the college of liberal arts and planning to double major in French/Spanish Education. I have an un-weighted GPA of around a 3.8 or 3.9 (they won’t release them officially until January). I’m ranked #5 in my class so about top 2% or so. I’m the moderator of our school’s senate as well as a class officer and also the treasurer of our chapter of NHS. I also run cross-country (was captain) and track all year round. My SAT is 2020. Also applied to Indiana (got in yay!), Notre Dame, Boston College, University of New Hampshire and Baylor.</p>

<p>Does anybody know how competetive UHP is?</p>

<p>Seems those who have received the likely letter had to have a very strong academic record as compared to the applicant pool .</p>

<p>I sent mine on October 19th.</p>

<p>i had everything in by Oct 15. I got a letter before that saying if i had everythin in by Oct 16th, i would for sure know on Dec 11th after 5PM when they started releasing decisions. It seems to me they sent out likely letters to those to applied early enough to have their application viewed already. I think its tryin to keep students interested since many colleges have begun releasing decisions.
I visited there about about a month ago. I really liked it, its in my top 2 choices. :)</p>

<p>Probably not Kay. I applied super early and got the email about receiving my decision on December 11 but didn’t get the likely letter.</p>

<p>My son called admission, they said they sent likely letter to who have a very strong academic record , application has been reviewed and accepted.</p>

<p>When did the rest of you guys recieve your likely letters?</p>

<p>I would wonder whether I’d receive a likely letter, since Purdue only received my completed application around November 12th…I probably shouldn’t wait for one.</p>

<p>Tmac18: Nov 12th is too late, and your stats maybe not strong enough. So have to wait…:)</p>

<p>I didn’t get a likely letter. =[</p>

<p>Is it possible to not get a likely letter and still get accepted?</p>

<p>Of course it’s possible to still get accepted. You just have to wait and see like everyone else…even those who got the likely letters.</p>

<p>of course you still have a chance of getting accepted, probably a pretty good one. i think the likely letters were probably sent to people with really strong test scores/academic records who might be hearing from other schools early than Purdue sends their acceptances in order to keep their interest high.</p>

<p>Yeah I agree, most colleges send letters of acceptances to students who have great stats.</p>

<p>so decisions for EA applicants are released December 11?</p>

<p>LolyGAGHa - If you applied before a certain date (I believe October 26th), you will be able to view your decision on December 11th. If you applied after that, they said it will take about eight weeks from the date your application was completed to get your decision.</p>