OFFICIAL Early Action Thread (Purdue Class of 2014)

<p>I submitted my application online October 6, but since I took the October SAT, Purdue didn’t receive my SAT Scores until November :frowning: So I guess that means my decisions won’t be released on the 11th</p>

<p>My mistake, it was the 16th. An excerpt from an email I received from Purdue:</p>

<p>“The Office of Admissions staff is dedicated to serving our prospective students and their families. We are working overtime in preparation for December 11, when we will begin communicating admission decisions. Students who completed their application by October 16 can expect a decision after 5 p.m. Eastern that day. Others can expect a decision within eight weeks of their application completion date.”</p>

<p>So you’re right, your decision will likely not be released on the 11th…but it still should be released within eight weeks of the completion, which probably means less than eight weeks.</p>

<p>I know my application was filled out and sent in prior to October 16th, along with my counselor forms and high school transcripts. The only problem I need addressed is whether the date posted on my app status is the date documents were received or updated. Can anyone help me out?</p>

<p>It’s my understanding that the date the documents are postmarked is the critical date, but the date online is the date they were associated with your application, which I assume you filled out online. There is a lag between the date actually received in the mail and the date updated because they have so much mail to go through. To be absolutely sure, you should contact admissions and ask.</p>

<p>You just get speculation here, and you still won’t know for sure unless you ask the admissions office. They aught to be able to tell you very quickly.</p>

<p>You guys do realize that the date for priority was NOVEMBER 15th, and not OCTOBER right? I was so scared, so I checked Purdue’s web site again.</p>

<p>[Purdue</a> University - Important Dates](<a href=“http://admissions.purdue.edu/Admissions_Criteria/Important_Dates.html]Purdue”>http://admissions.purdue.edu/Admissions_Criteria/Important_Dates.html)</p>

<p>Vhiremath4- Yes the priority date is November 15th, but Purdue sent out a seperate letter and email saying that in order to be sure you will get a decision by December 11th you need to have your application submitted by October 16th. </p>

<p>Here is a quote from one email I got:
I strongly encourage you to apply early in your senior year. Although November 15 is a key application deadline for scholarships and some academic programs, students who complete their application after October 15 are less likely to receive an admission decision when we begin releasing decisions after 5 p.m. Eastern Time on December 11.</p>

<p>Bummer…DS submitted his scores and transcripts in Aug but didn’t submit his application until Oct 31. Don’t recall getting that email. Oh well - guess we’ll have to wait a little longer.</p>

<p>Yeah, I wasn’t saying that the priority deadline is before November 15th…I myself didn’t finish my app until November 12th.</p>

<p>Grcxx3 , Tmac18: Do you expect to see the decision on Dec 11?</p>

<p>We had hoped to see the decision on Dec 11, but we didn’t know about the Oct 16 deadline that Tmac18 posted. DS went back thru all his emails from Purdue and he never had one like that. He actually thought the deadline was Nov 1 and that’s what he was working on. </p>

<p>Guess we’ll just have to be patient an see what happends.</p>

<p>Actually, I thought it was November 1st too. Applied on the 8th, but it looks like they didn’t receive the HS transcripts until the 22nd, and were postmarked the 19th. But on the other hand, a likely letter was received, so we’ll see on the 11th.</p>

<p>Grcxx3, Did you receive likely letter?</p>

<p>^^
Nope. I don’t think my son’s are good enough to have been singled out for a likely letter.</p>

<p>Tony-no, I expect to hear from Purdue sometime towards the end of December. Early January at the latest.</p>

<p>Tmac18, I have all documents in early Nov, I really hope I can see the decision on Dec 11. :)</p>

<p>Regarding the December 16th listed in Tmac’s post: my son got that in a paper letter, not an e-mail. Alas, no likely letter for us. Keeping fingers crossed for December 11th.</p>

<p>Tony - don’t get your hopes up, I’d shoot for late December at the earlier if I were you. It says within 8 weeks of your application completion (stated again in an email I received today).</p>

<p>Tmac18: what email? Just for you or general email? Your application completion date is ?</p>

<p>Tony, here is part of the email:</p>

<p>"Thanks for your interest in Purdue. Our Admissions Committee is evaluating your application, and you can expect an admission decision within eight weeks of the application completion date.</p>

<p>As you continue to learn more about Purdue, I’d like to share a few highlights of the exciting year we’ve had, on campus and beyond:"</p>

<p>My app was completed November 12th…I would expect to hear sometime before eight weeks after this, or January 7th…colleges usually use these deadlines as the worst-possible scenario, so it’ll likely be at least a week or two before that.</p>

<p>Tmac18 : Be sure to check after 5:00PM ET Dec 11, 99%, you will receive your decision. :)</p>