OFFICIAL Early Action Thread (Purdue Class of 2014)

<p>I had letters of reccomendation sent and I got a likely letter saying I will definetly have a decision on December 11th… so I am guessing they don’t really delay the process much if at all</p>

<p>Did they send likely emails? I sent in my app November 1st, and my stuff reached Purdue about a week later. Does the fact I didn’t get a likely email from them mean that I won’t be getting a decision on December 11th?</p>

<p>The application had to have been sent in no later than October 16th, sorry MagicalMalik
I don’t think the e-mail was a likely e-mail, since it did not hint at anything, but who knows. All it said was that applications sent in by Oct 16th are eligible to receive a Dec 11 decision.</p>

<p>Seems like to me if you sent everything in by October 16th, it’s a GUARANTEE you’ll get a response on December 11th. Anything afterward means that there’s a possibility you may get it then just not that likely. But I’m sure everyone who had everything sent in by November 15th will hear a response by the end of December. They said in an email that starting December 14th, decisions will be released daily.</p>

<p>Agreed, MagicalMalik. It’s probably still possible to get a decision on the 11th if you completed your app just after the 16th, but its not guaranteed. Mine wasn’t completed until almost a month later (I had no idea about this “deadline,” I just knew that Nov. 15th was the scholarship deadline (I think…). So I’m guessing I’ll get one later on, but still in December.</p>

<p>^^(MagicalMalik) Decisions will be released daily, beginning on the 14th? Seeing that is true based on an email, why begin sending out decisions Dec 11th? I can understand the anxiety many kids have, myself included, but if they’re going to send out decisions to kids who made the October 16th deadline three days earlier, why not wait the weekend till Monday, the 14th?</p>

<p>Yeah, I don’t completely understand the logic behind it myself, haha. I had no idea about this October 16th deadline like a bunch of people here, so I’m pretty disappointed about the whole thing too. Ah well, hopefully I’ll find out December 14th then. Dec 14th is also my 18th birthday, so I’m hoping for good news!</p>

<p>I sent mine in on Nov 15th. They received all my stuff on the 24th. The status box is blank. When should I expect my decision?</p>

<p>What Tmac18 believed is “within 8 weeks”. But I believe different case has different situation. My son’s application completed around NOV 8, two emails from two admissions people conformed that my son can receive the decision on Dec 11. So just 4 days and 8 hrs to wait. I believe if you completed application by Nov 15, you should be able to receive decision before Xmas. :slight_smile: Good Luck!!</p>

<p>Where to check the application status? I goto here:
<a href=“https://esa-oas-prod-wl.itap.purdue.edu/prod/bwskalog.P_DispLoginNon[/url]”>https://esa-oas-prod-wl.itap.purdue.edu/prod/bwskalog.P_DispLoginNon&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>But I can’t find status row, so I can’t find status mentioned in Purde website.
Incomplete Items Outstanding
Complete Ready for Review
Decision Made</p>

<p>Application Status
Incomplete Items Outstanding
Check the “Requirements” section at the bottom of the Application Summary page to see which required items we may have received and which are still outstanding. If the “Received” date is blank for any item, we have not yet received or processed the item. </p>

<p>During the peak application processing season (typically from September through January), items may not be recorded for several days - possibly up to four weeks, after we have received them. </p>

<p>Complete Ready for Review
We have received all required items and your application has been sent to the Admissions Committee for evaluation.</p>

<p>Decision Made
We have received all required items. Your application has been reviewed and a decision has been made. Once a decision has been released online, applicants will receive official notification in the mail.</p>

<p>Tony, I don’t have a status or decision row either, so I’m guessing as long as all of the items at the bottom have a received date, you’re fine. As for when we will receive decisions, this Friday would be great, but I doubt that in my case.</p>

<p>If I remember correctly the status row won’t show until the 11th.</p>

<p>Tmac18: your application completed by Nov 12th? Then the decision should come out by Dec 18th. 6 weeks is enough for them. :)</p>

<p>Im pretty sure (was told by someone or the app itself) said dont worry about the status, as long as the dates were there it means they have it and its completed.</p>

<p>As the poster above me has mentioned, the column labeled “Date”, is the most important to us at this time. If there is no date recorded in that column for any of the four materials, then you are either missing something or it has not been processed.</p>

<p>2 days and 50 minutes</p>

<p>I got an email from Purdue just 10 minutes ago at 12:29 AM (1:29 PM PST 12/09) saying I will get a decision on December 11, after 5 PM EST. Great news! Anyone else get this email?</p>

<p>I got that e-mail too. So I assume that anybody who’s decision will be ready by December 11th was sent one of those e-mails. Yay!</p>

<p>Yes, MagicalMalik, I also got that email, and it appears as though I was wrong…but I’m glad that I was. :smiley: So when I get home on Friday, I will know about Illinois and Purdue, two of my top four schools…great!</p>

<p>weird i didn’t get that email, and i know that my decision is being releases the 11th (everything of mine was in by October 29 plus I called the admissions office and they said my decision would be released on the 11th)</p>