OFFICIAL Early Action Thread! ( Purdue Class of 2018)

<p>If you're an Early Action applicant for Pudue's class of 2014, come introduce yourself! Include stats, what college you're applying to, and where you're from. I think this could be really useful for future applicants once acceptances start coming out. </p>

<p>I'll start by saying I'm an in-state applicant applying for the College of Technology (EET). I have a 3.83 GPA and a 29 composite ACT (33R, 33E, 22M, 28S). I'm a member of my school's FIRST Robotics Team, and a 2 year Varsity tennis letterman. Good luck and I'll see you in WL!</p>

<p>I am an international applicant(from India).
SAT scores:
CR: 590
Writing: 650
Math: 740
Composite: 1980</p>

<p>Class rank: 1/56
10th: 94.6%
11th: 89%
12th mid year: 80%(strict corrections)
EC’s:</p>

<p>Not much, but I have done a community service of 100 hours. Member of ecology and quiz club. Have a 6th grade certificate in piano and played soccer for 2 years.</p>

<p>I am applying for electrical and computer engineering.
Good luck to all!!</p>

<p>Hi im a US citizen living in the Middle East, applying to the college of engineering!
SAT : 2190
Gpa : 3.873
APs : calc ab 5, phys c mech 5, Electricity and mag 5, bio 3</p>

<p>Decent Ecs and good essays :slight_smile:
Applying as undecided within engineering
Hoping for a decent amount in scholarships
Goodluck to everyone!</p>

<p>Hey! I’m OOS, applying to the College of Science (Genetic Biology).
ACT: 31
GPA: 3.76
4 years varsity soccer
1 year varsity CC
4 years of equestrian
AP History- 3
taking AP Calc AB and AP English Lit</p>

<p>Good luck everyone!</p>

<p>I just want to wish you guys good luck. Also if you don’t get into engineering there a chance you can still get back in by changing major because it’s really that competitive. But @Sanjay and YBN, your GPA and SAT should be high enough to allow your entry. Good luck!</p>

<p>Thank you!!! And good luck :)</p>

<p>Thank you, Descuff!</p>

<p>Good luck to everybody! I’ve visited Purdue 3 times now and can’t wait to get there! Maybe we’ll work on some projects together in the future!</p>

<p>Haven’t been there yet! I live in the middle east for now :/. Hopefully we all get in :)</p>

<p>Hi guys, I’m OOS, and I’m applying for Industrial Engineering! chance me for admissions AND scholarships please :slight_smile:
ACT: 35 composite
E-35
M-34
R-34
S-35</p>

<p>My UW GPA up until the end of junior year is 3.76, and my WGPA is 3.94. I have taken 4 AP’s overall, and I’m from a pretty competitive high school! Any feedback is appreciated!</p>

<p>3.93 W gpa, 3.66 UW gpa, SAT 610 R, 720 M, 620 W, 3 AP’s, 8 honors classes, soccer, work after school 3 yrs.</p>

<p>I am an instate applicant. I applied to the college of education to be a special ed major. My gpa is 3.8 and my sat is 1430. Top 20% of my class
AP classes- ACP Comp, ACP Lit, AP Gov, ACP SpanishIII, AP US, and several honors courses
Very involved in NHS and clubs.
First choice school :)</p>

<p>Tigerash and Soccerdad23, I’d say you’re both in for FYE. </p>

<p>Abbatrese, the SAT is a little low but I’m not sure how competitive Education is! You have a good shot.</p>

<p>Ugh i know. Im an awful standardized test taker. but my father and brother attended, im getting the honors diploma, and i wrote a sweet essay. Is it december 13th yet? :D</p>

<p>Just reminding everyone intending to major in Engineering to apply as a “First-Year Engineering” student. I’ve had two kids at my school already tell me they applied specifically for Mechanical Engineering or Elecrical Engineering, so I’m assuming they picked Technology… Not good.</p>

<p>^ What do you mean? My D picked Chemical Engineering as area of interest but apply to “First Year Engineering”.</p>

<p>Like I asked one of my buddies who was intending on applying into actual engineering if he had applied FYE. He said he had never heard of FYE, and listed something with mechanical engineering as his major. I told him to make sure he didn’t list MechE Technology, because this has been a common mistake!</p>

<p>Haha. I did not even know there is such an option for Technology.</p>

<p>I’m in a crazy situation… I applied for Electrical Engineeing Technology, but I am really lost between that and Physics. I’m really interested in Physics, but I don’t think I would get into Purdue’s Physics program and I’m not 100% sure of it either. Should I just go into Exploratory Studies and learn more about each one? That’s what I’m leaning towards now.</p>

<p>3.5 uw/3.7 w
33 ACT
OOS</p>

<p>Electrical Engineering</p>