OFFICIAL Early Action Thread! ( Purdue Class of 2018)

<p>hi guys i’m not specifically sure about computer engineering, but i just got accepted to their undeclared coe with a 28 composite. hope this helps and good luck to everyone who hasn’t received their’s yet@</p>

<p>Congratulations! And “just”? I thought they weren’t releasing decisions on Subday.</p>

<p>oh sorry I meant like… just got it friday. sorry!!</p>

<p>Oh that’s all right. Congratulations! :D</p>

<p>Here is a sad reality for the kids who still await their decision. If they were hoping to end their college application agony with an acceptance from Purdue, they now must start working on applications to other schools as most have January 1 deadlines and Purdue is only saying that the remaining early action kids will hear back by the end of the year, too late to start a new application elsewhere. It is not good for Purdue either as they may lose some good applicants who hit the send button on apps to other schools as a result of having to wait.</p>

<p>Has anyone who submitted their app ON November 8th received a decision yet?</p>

<p>My child’s friend had everything submitted by October 30th and has not heard a decision.</p>

<p>I know people who has recieved decisions and handed app in on 8th</p>

<p>I submitted it on Nov. 8th and got the decision the day it came out! </p>

<p>Admission Term: Fall 2014
Admission Type: New First Time
Application Status: Decision Made
Decision: Offer Admission</p>

<p>So excited to attend!</p>

<p>Decision: Accepted (College of Science) - plan to study Computer Science</p>

<p>Objective:
SAT I (breakdown): 690 M, 680 CR, 710 W
ACT:
Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 91.48 (my school does percentages)
Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): top 1/3
Senior Year Course Load: AP Physics, AP AB Calculus
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): National Hispanic Recognition Program Scholar
[ b]Subjective:**
Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): Student-Run Help Desk, Dance, 3D Printing Team
Job/Work Experience: 3 years of interning at a cybersecurity company
Volunteer/Community service: Spearheaded a community service project for underprivileged children in my hometown
Essays: All right. Not my best, but not terrible either.
[ b]Other**[<em>] State (if domestic applicant): Maryland [</em>] Country (if international applicant):[<em>] Ethnicity: Hispanic[</em>] Gender: Female[<em>] Income Bracket: 200k+[</em>] Hooks (URM, first generation college, etc.): none
Reflection[<em>] Strengths: Upward Trend, Extracurriculars[</em>] Weaknesses: SAT, GPA [<em>] Why you think you were accepted/waitlisted/rejected: I’m pretty well-rounded and have really good extra-curriculars that I’ve stuck with for the entirety of high school[</em>] Where else were you accepted/waitlisted/rejected:
Accepted: Purdue
Deferred:
General Comments: Good luck to everyone! This time is super stressful for everyone, but just remember that we’ll get through this, and we’ll go to college next year (:</p>

<p>Posted on facebook:
Some decisions were delayed because of common app problems. New decisions will be released daily, as they are made and entered into the system. It could be at any time, not necessarily after 5. If your application was complete by Nov. 8, you should have a decision by the end of December at the latest.</p>

<p>^ thanks, “It could be at any time” sounds thrilling</p>

<p>The email said if you sent your application by the original deadline (Nov 1st) it may be delayed due to issues with common app. I applied October 30th, and it seems that everyone who applied early hasn’t gotten anything yet.</p>

<p>^Yeah, I applied on October 30th too.</p>

<p>I applied on October 8th. I still waiting for the decision.</p>

<p>I submitted the app on oct 27 and got the decision on dec 13.
Decision :Offer admission ( College of Engineering)
Very happy!!!</p>

<p>No people apply the management school? Most of the decision I knew is engineering school</p>

<p>In China,Purdue is famed for its engineering so that most people I know apply the engineering school.</p>

<p>How did you receive your decision? Via e-mail or mail?</p>

<p>I emailed asking if I was considered for EA and submitted my app on Nov 8.
The email response I got today:</p>

<h2>Our office did not receive your high school transcript until the 19th of November, so your application did not meet the deadline for Early Action, your application is complete and ready for review, decisions will be made and released on a daily basis.</h2>

<p>Hope this helps. So if your HS transcript did not get in before Nov 8, youre not considered for EA. Wow.</p>