OFFICIAL Early Action Thread! ( Purdue Class of 2018)

<p>Hi everyone,
I applied for First Year Engineering (Mechanical Engineering is my intended major). Hoping to get accepted and get some good scholarships
223 PSAT (National Merit Semifinalist and hopefully Finalist)
740 CR/680 M/770 W 2190 Total SAT
4.0 Unweighted GPA
As a side-note, my father and brother both were engineers at Purdue and my mother and sister both graduated in other programs. It’s a great school.</p>

<p>ARDink my Dad too is a graduate of Purdue and I too have a 2190 on the SAT but with an UWGPA of 3.873 :P. Good luck! Just felt like sharing.</p>

<p>Hey!
I applied for first year engineering (Mech E intended), Hoping for a good scholarship!
31 combined ACT (32 CR, 33 M, 30 E, 29 S)
3.85 Unweighted GPA, I took 3 APs my junior year, 5 my senior year
Out of state, female, lots of extra curricular activities and leadership</p>

<p>You guys scare me.</p>

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>My daughter got a letter from Krannert today saying that when decisions come out in December that they hope she considers their direct admit program. Anybody else receive a letter like this?</p>

<p>Not that I heard of.</p>

<p>Is it a general letter for Business majors?</p>

<p>They informed me that likely letters won’t be sent out this year</p>

<p>It doesn’t sound like a general letter and am surprised I haven’t heard from anyone else. </p>

<p>“While you wait for your official decision…You are the type of leader who will benefit most from what Krannert offers. We hope that you will join the Krannert Direct Admit Program!” I also didn’t think there would be likely letters, but this sounds like one.</p>

<p>Anybody else?</p>

<p>:o</p>

<p>Well it seems like a good program anyways. You should look at it :)</p>

<p>@ThatGuyOverThere It is a good program that she is excited about! This is our first experience with admissions so not sure what to expect…but we are really happy with the shout out from Krannert!</p>

<p>My d also received same letter from Krannert yesterday. We are oos - hoping that’s a sign of a good merit award so Purdue can be in our price range.</p>

<p>Does anyone know if Exploratory Studies (undecided) is competitive or completely the opposite?
(Sorry it’s a real stupid question but I’m just curious)</p>

<p>Hello!
OOS applied to College of engineering
3.6 UW gpa
2230 sat
740 math/690 cr/800 writing
5 APs total</p>

<p>Does anyone know how easy it is to transfer majors within a college?</p>

<p>For example, if I get accepted in Electrical Engineering Tech, how hard would it be to transfer to MechE Tech before the start of the year?</p>

<p>Wow. Purdue has changed quite a bit.</p>

<p>It’ll be really easy, NE. I switched from ChemE to ABE without issue my second semester of sophomore year. Although, if you get a merit scholarship, changing your major might forfeit your scholarship. Or maybe it’s just the school that you’re in matters for merit scholarships. I forget which one it was.</p>

<p>Just wanted to drop by and offer my $.02 in regards to Krannert:
First off, I’m a freshman in Krannert’s Direct Admission program. Honestly, it is probably one of the best things you can do if you’re focused on what you want to do. For instance, I may be working under a professor next semester–very hard to come by in my major (Economics, possibly adding a second in mathematics). Now, you have to take an extra class or so first semester, but it is a small price to pay for the ability to take any level of class you wish (Next semester I’m taking an upper division course in economics, which my advisor does not believe has happened before for a freshman). It gives you opportunities as the Direct Admit class is considered the top of the crop of incoming students. I urge you to consider it when making your final decisions.
If anyone has questions regarding the Direct Admit program, Krannert, or Purdue in general, do feel free to contact me via PM. I wish you all the best of luck in the decisions.</p>

<p>International student (Canada)
Applied to Eletrical Engineering</p>

<p>2100 SAT I (730 Maths, 690 Reading, 680 Writing)
2110 super scored (700 reading)</p>

<p>GPA is around 3.7 range (not completely sure since my high school goes by percentage, average is 90%)</p>

<p>They didn’t say they wanted SAT II but they didn’t say not to send either so I sent them just to be safe since my Math I score was a bit low. </p>

<p>770 Math II
800 Physics</p>

<p>Hi there!
International student, taken the SAT once.
Reading: 600
Math: 690
Writing: 660
Composite: 1950 (worried)
TOEFL (iBT): 114/120
CGPA 10 in 9th and 10th grade
87% in 11th grade
Received merit scholarships for 4 consecutive years
PR head of the school’s Student Council
General Secretary of the Science Association
State level quizzer, won quite a few.
Junior diploma in Indian classical dance and diploma in Fine Arts.
Play tennis, badminton, and captain of the school’s senior badminton team.
Imparted education to two underprivileged children and 1 adult.
Want to major in Aerospace Engineering.
Hope I get in, since I’ve applied to 2 colleges only (silly me) - Gatech and Purdue.</p>

<p>American Permanent Resident</p>

<p>SAT - 2100 M-790, CR-650, W-660</p>

<p>TOEFL (iBT) - 99</p>

<p>CGPA CLASS X - 9.2</p>

<p>11th Class - 72%</p>

<p>12th First Term - 84%</p>

<p>ECs - 2 social work certificates, language (French), Senior Basketball Team Member.</p>

<p>LOR - Very Good ( I hope ) - Physics, Maths and Counselor Ma’am.</p>

<p>SAT Subject Test - Physics - 800, Chemistry 730 (:(), Maths - 7th Decembre</p>

<p>HOPE I GET IN !!! (I also applied to GA Tech)</p>

<p>Hi guys
I applied for electrical and computer engineering at Purdue (Early)
Pls chance me </p>

<p>SAT1: 1920 (530R 770M 620W)
SAT Subjects: 760maths 740physics</p>

<p>Indian CBSE student with grades</p>

<p>9th: 8.4CGPA
10th: 9.6 CGPA
11th: 68% (bad i know)
12th: 86% (predicted)</p>