OFFICIAL Early Action Thread! ( Purdue Class of 2018)

<p>Same here… still have not recieved my decision… it just says “In committee review” My stuff did go in i think 2 days late so maybe thats why…</p>

<p>Um… Guys, you should check myPurdue, because I just got my decision. I GOT IN! :D</p>

<p>Congrats @mgupta
Nothing for me. Still in review. :(</p>

<p>congrats dude! Hopefully this is a good sign, and they will start to actually look at my application in committee soon… >.<</p>

<p>@mgupta , did you application say in committee review or complete and ready for review? i’m wondering if it says in committee review means you will know sooner.</p>

<p>Thank you! :smiley:
Hope you people get yours soon. Oh by the way, try emailing them, because i sent them a really serious email 3 hours ago before i got ny decision. It mightve played a role, i guess. Good luck!</p>

<p>I don’t get it. I sent both my sat and act scores on last week of October, yet it says incomplete items outstanding! I have twice sent them a mail but have not yet received a reply. This is annoying:(</p>

<p>So the status changed from “complete and ready for review” and “in committee review” to “decision made” and “offer admission”.</p>

<p>Just got off the phone with admissions, they said it takes them about 2 days to process things and they are currently working on applications they printed out on the 12th nov. They said they are about a month behind.(idk if it’s in apps, processing or what)
My app says it was created on nov 9 but they said I am still being considered for EA
I hope this helps people :)</p>

<p>a month?! what the heck… Now this leads to the question, how screwed up was common app?!</p>

<p>Ikr? Now I’m wondering if I heard wrong because that doesn’t sound plausible. Like really? But i know a lot of other colleges are having problems too.</p>

<p>Remember this is the first year Purdue started using CommonApp. In addition to all the issues with CommonApp, they are expected to receive a lot more applications this year. My D submitted her EA app in early October (10/6 I think) and got the decision within the first batch of release on 12/13. There was one glitch on CA but got resolved by e-mail within a couple days. The adcom people were very responsive at that time. They must got overwhelmed with all the applications came in around deadline.</p>

<p>I’m just frustrated they didn’t prioritize by first come first serve, but as long as I get my decision I can’t be too upset.</p>

<p>I feel so bad about the overwhelmed purdue admission officers that I don’t care when I get my decision anymore. Even with all the apps, I’m guessing they are getting a ton of emails and phone calls( like mine) about what’s going on.</p>

<p>That’s why I’ve chosen to not contact them, I’d feel bad for being just another person nagging them to get to my application. And I have a paranoia that if I did that it may negatively reflect my application.</p>

<p>That what I was going to do but then there seemed to be a lot of people here who weren’t sure if they were gonna be evaluated for ea I thought I’d just call and check and I hope that it also kind of helps the others who weren’t sure.</p>

<p>Just called admissions. Though I submitted my app on Nov 7th on app status, it said that my writing supplement was received on 9th and transcripts on 10th. But the guy on the phone said that I am considered for ED. He checked my app and said the decision may come by next week but he couldn’t guarantee it. But, it will definitely be out by new year. So, I guess we can take it as a hint that many decisions are going to be out soon.
Hope this helps.</p>

<p>I received an admission offer through purdue portal on 13th December itself. But its already been 72 hours approx and I still am not able to access the admission letter. (international student) I am a bit worried. Should I write to them?</p>

<p>So if all we are seeing on Son’s status is “complete ready for review”…approx. how long before status changes to “in review”? Mgupta (congratulations!) I see where you were “in review” on the 13th, and accepted on the 17th. </p>

<p>Keeping our fingers crossed, our son’s #1 choice and we really were impressed with our visit there last spring.</p>

<p>Thank you so much!
So the application status will change from “complete ready for review” to “decision made” and the decision will change from “in committee review” to whatever the result is.</p>