OFFICIAL Early Action Thread! ( Purdue Class of 2018)

<p>mine still says complete ready for review and application in process. whats the difference between application in process and in committee review?</p>

<p>Hue, congrats on the scholarship! Do you mind sharing your stats so others can see if they are competitive for trustees?</p>

<p>@quantumphyzeeks: nope but i have the same status. I’m guessing in committee review is closer to decision than app in process</p>

<p>I received the letter for the trustees scholarship for $16,000 today as well.</p>

<p>Did you receive the letter in the mail? Or was it electronic? And also when did you submit the purdue scholarship application?</p>

<p>Oh and congrats of course :))</p>

<p>Wasn’t the scholarships supposed to be automatic for ea? Was there an app?</p>

<p>Well i know there was a Purdue Scholarship application that’s been available from Dec 16th for admitted students to fill out</p>

<p>Oh,ok thanks!</p>

<p>I received the letter in the mail sometime between Monday and Thursday. Not sure exactly when because I was out of town. For the trustees scholarship there is no separate scholarship application, you are automatically under consideration with an application by the priority deadline.</p>

<p>@ecram28
Would you mind giving us your stats? Thanks</p>

<p>Act: 34
Gpa: 3.96 UW 4.41 W
Extra Curriculars: Captain on tennis team, various volunteer work, several school clubs, and work
I also had pretty strong essays and a really great letter of recommendation.</p>

<p>is the decision letter available to anyone?? for me it still says ‘not available at this time’</p>

<p>The trustee’s and president’s scholarships used the information from the normal app that you fill out. The separate application is mostly for need-based merit scholarships (you have to be both competitive and in need of FA) and I think maybe for departmental scholarships as well. </p>

<p>Trustee’s (16k) - I had a 36 on the ACT and a 4.0 w/ 12 APs. ECs: Boy Scouts (Eagle), Academic Team captain, breast cancer research, some clubs, volunteering, etc. My essays were okay and I don’t know what my letter of recommendation looked like.</p>

<p>My D’s acceptance letter was available the day after decision update.</p>

<p>My decision letter was available 5 hours after my decision</p>

<p>i got my decision on the 13th itself. after that i even got an email from purdue congratulating me on my acceptance but after i logged into my account yesterday it still said that the letter was not available. anyone know why this is happening??</p>

<p>^^^^ I was in the same situation. I sent an email to the admissions office and I got the letter the very next day.</p>

<p>Thank you sonal i think ill have to do that too</p>

<p>Hi guys.
I applied EA for first-year engineering (hoping to pursue Biomedical Engineering.)
I had everything submitted to Purdue by October 7th, and still no decision for me. On my page it says:
Application Status: Decision Made
Decision: In Committee Review
Decision Letter: Not available at this time </p>

<p>It has been like that for a longggggg time now. I emailed admissions about it like two weeks ago, and she said for me to allow 4-6 more weeks? So I’m afraid that I won’t hear back by the end of the year even though they have said we all will. So for those who are still biting their nails in anticipation, I’m with ya.</p>