OFFICIAL Early Action Thread! ( Purdue Class of 2018)

<p>Ok so i’m actually the last one left now it seems… anyone else applying from Europe?</p>

<p>No, I am still waiting as well. But I am from India.</p>

<p>Still waiting and hoping for good news for my son. His #1 choice is Purdue. We are Indiana residents and his application was in Oct 30th (Dates showing for transcript and letters of rec. are dated Nov 8th).</p>

<p>if you are one of the 180 students who received a email saying that to expect a decision no later than 7th, a news flash.</p>

<p>PURDUE is receiving heavy snow so all the operations (except the imp. ones) are cancelled. today is an off for admission dept. due to same reason. So i would say that, they are gonna be delayed, but i am not sure.</p>

<p>PS - I am an Indian too</p>

<p>I didn’t even get told i’d know before the 7th…so I guess no chance to find out anytime soon?</p>

<p>then i have no idea.
Sorry</p>

<p>Any one else from instate (Indiana) or US, that hasn’t heard yet?</p>

<p>I am from Illinois and I turned everything in by Oct 25th. However, my status still says “complete ready for review”. I know their admission office is closed today due to an extreme weather around here. Probably tomorrow too. Man, this is killing me.</p>

<p>I’m from Indiana as well and haven’t heard back and everything was submitted by October 7th. I didn’t get an email about Tuesday either.</p>

<p>Wow! Some of you are waiting all the way from October!? :open_mouth: </p>

<p>I sent my application on November 20th and got admission (College of Science - Chemistry ACS) on December 21st, and I am by no means a stunning applicant. I’m an international as well…</p>

<p>I’m not surprised that some of you have different waiting times. The applications are reviewed by the individual colleges so the more popular colleges would naturally be more backed up.</p>

<p>Decision: Accepted - Agricultural and Biological Engineering</p>

<p>Objective:[ul]
[<em>] SAT I (breakdown): once. CR 630 M 740 W 750 = 2120
[</em>] ACT: didn’t take
[<em>] SAT II: well apparently purdue doesn’t consider them? but Math 2 650, US History 710
[</em>] Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.68W, 3.44UW
[<em>] Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): school doesn’t rank
[</em>] AP: APUSH (4) APES (4) Art History (4) Stats (4)
[<em>] IB:
[</em>] Senior Year Course Load: AP English Lit, AP Gov, AP Chem, H Pre Calc, Physics, Chorus
[li] Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): only AP Scholar with Honor</p>[/li]
<p>[/ul]Subjective:[ul]
[<em>] Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): no sports. Treasurer of 4 clubs and President of 1 club at my school. Children’s choir 1st-12th grade, but on CommonApp it would only show that i’ve been in the choir since 9th grade
[</em>] Job/Work Experience: interned at chemistry lab for 8 weeks in summer. mentored at 1-week tech camp for middle school girls
[<em>] Volunteer/Community service: I volunteer at events for my clubs.
[</em>] Summer Activities: attended NSLC engineering camp summer into 10th grade, and iDTech robotics engineering camp summer into 12th grade
[<em>] Essays: i don’t think they were good because i’ve never been good at writing.
[</em>] Teacher Recommendation: good? otherwise i wouldnt have asked those teachers for recs. i’m not an outstanding student though, definitely not one of those kids who say that their teacher said they were one of the most brilliant students theyve ever taught.
[<em>] Counselor Rec: good?
[</em>] Additional Rec: i got a rec from one of the managers at the chemistry lab i interned at
[<em>] Interview: none
[</em>] Supplementary Material: none</p>

<p>[/ul]Other[ul]
[<em>] State (if domestic applicant):[</em>] California
[<em>] School Type: Public, ~2000 students. Very competitive. School’s API score is 920+
[</em>] Ethnicity: Asian
[<em>] Gender: Female
[</em>] Income Bracket(mention if FA candidate): very high, not pursuing FA
[li] Hooks (URM, first generation college, etc.): my sibling attends Purdue</p>[/li]
<p>[/ul]Reflection[ul]
[<em>] Strengths: SAT score; my application shows that I pursued engineering/STEM fields; i think i have a lot of activities? Also even though I don’t have straight A’s, I take a difficult course load and try hard.
[</em>] Weaknesses: GPA
[<em>] Why you think you were accepted/waitlisted/rejected: my stats match the stats of kids from my school who got into Purdue in the past. I’m glad I got in, I wouldn’t mind going here.
[</em>] Where else were you accepted/waitlisted/rejected: deferred from Michigan EA (for LSA). </p>

<p>can someone chance me for Michigan please? thanks :slight_smile:
[/ul]</p>

<p>to mjsharp, my son did not receive an email either. Are you applying to engineering school too?</p>

<p>Yes, I applied for engineering as well. I called admissions a couple days ago and all that they would tell me is that they are working as fast as they can.</p>

<p>how easy would it be to change major if im accepted? like if i want to go from engineering to the college of science.</p>

<p>Purdue admissions office is closed today too because of the weather.</p>

<p>Denied :frowning:
SAT 1920 (530C 770M 620W)
Had great EC’s and Essays
9th : 8.4 CGPA
10th: 9.6 CGPA
11th: 70%</p>

<p>Denied because of high competition in major
Applied for Electrical And Computer Engineering
Really dissapointed
Thought i had this admission in my pocket :confused:
Gonna appeal for another major though</p>

<p>Congrats to the others who got in :D</p>

<p>^Raghav
Really sorry to hear about it. You will surely get into a better university. Guess Purdue has become really competitive now. Haven’t received my decision yet:(</p>

<p>I am pretty sure you were rejected mainly due to your CR score. But nevertheless, Your SAT score is good enough to get you into many other good colleges. (PS - Our Transcripts are nearly same, so maybe i too will be floating in your boat)</p>

<p>Hmmm yeah i guess
I got the notification at around 2:30 am IST
anyways best of luck :D</p>