OFFICIAL Early Action Thread! ( Purdue Class of 2018)

<p>I didn’t receive the decision date e-mail. Uh oh.</p>

<p>I did not receive any email</p>

<p>I did. You should be able to go on Purdue admission’s website and check your status to see if everything was received in time.</p>

<p>Yeah, I’ve submitted my application October 25th. Going on the application status page, they marked all of my required documents as processed. So the lack of any e-mail is odd.</p>

<p>^ Check the junk box. Sometimes the bulk mail goes there unless you have added the sender’s address to your contact list.</p>

<p>I submitted the application only on nov 8(deadline), so I guess I won’t receive the decision by this Friday.</p>

<p>Applied EA for pharmacy, OOS, my class is the third graduating class, female, US permanent resident</p>

<p>GPA: it was 3.896 when I applied, now it’s 3.907 (got a 4.0 first trimester of senior year)
SAT: 2030 (R: 650, M: 740, W: 640)
SAT 2: Chinese 780
ACT: 31 (36 math, science ruined score)
AP: Chinese (5), US History (4), Chem (3 I know it’s really bad), Calc AB (5), going to take Bio and Macro</p>

<p>Awards: tons (3+ boxes full of trophies) from Academic Games and some awards from some of my EC’s, too lazy to write them all down</p>

<p>EC:
-Academic Games 5+ years (team is usually state and national champion every year for the last 3 years in almost all the games we play, individually placed second in the country for Equations once)
-help teach middle school students Academic Games
-Speed solving Rubik’s Cubes 3+ years (ranked in the world)
-President of Rubik’s cube club all 4 years of high school
-Student Action senate 2 years
-After school tutor 2+ years
-Chinese school TA 3+ years
-Internship at the University of Michigan’s college of pharmacy since freshman year (mentioned it in the essay)
-Varsity letter in Orchestra
-Varsity letter in community service (200+ hours per year)
-NHS junior and senior year
-Piano 10+ years, passed highest level of SATD</p>

<p>Good recommendations</p>

<p>Not my first choice but if there’s a big scholarship, I might consider it.</p>

<p>I didn’t receive the email! All the documents have been processed as well! :O</p>

<p>Maybe the email hasn’t come for international students.</p>

<p>I hope that is the reason because I was really looking forward to 13th.</p>

<p>Ok, Guys.</p>

<p>I just called the Purdue Admission office. </p>

<p>Reason 1 being that I sent in everything before Nov. 1 but my transcript still shows blank in the received box.</p>

<p>Reason 2 is that I haven’t gotten the email!!</p>

<p>The guys checked and said that they got all my materials for EA deadline. Also, not receiving email thing is due to number of applications and technical problems from CommonApp. Not everyone’s gonna get their admission decision on this Friday and that’s the reason why I haven’t gotten the email yet. If you don’t get admission decision on Friday, just know that you’ll get it in next few days.</p>

<p>I’m afraid I won’t get my decision this Friday since I haven’t received the email. :-(</p>

<p>That is so frustrating!</p>

<p>I submitted the common app on the 8th, but on the application summary it says they received it the 10th. Does this mean I am not eligible for merit based scholarships and I wont get my decision on Friday?</p>

<p>Littlemissy did you try emailing the admissions office?</p>

<p>^Same. Ughhh</p>

<p>^Me too. Feeling terrible.</p>

<p>Let’s just pray its an international student thing. That would be very comforting.</p>

<p>Oh. That’s not good then. There goes my chemistry exam now. I was expecting to get rid of this by Saturday. Sigh.</p>

<p>I am in international indian student from dubai applying for electrical and computer engineering
I submitted my application on 7th of Nov and everything as processed by 10th Nov
I havent recieved an email regarding the notification date.
Was looking forward to it though…</p>